All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers, and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist.
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Be knowledgeable students of our business.
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
- Be professional, polite and courteous.
- Leave our customers and associates better than where we found them.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for working with the team to drive the expansion and ongoing management of Boston Mutuals Distribution sales advertising and marketing initiatives along with corporate brand support, while demonstrating the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
The Marketing Coordinator is expected to:
- Assist with digital advertising initiatives.
- Support the development and assist with sourcing content for marketing and communications collateral, including materials specific to the sales team.
- Collaborate in efforts to increase company presence through PR, social media, digital marketing initiatives, website reach, and other advertising and marketing activities.
- Draft and/or proofread communications, marketing materials, and other collateral and internal and external pieces initiated or edited by the department, as directed.
- Collaborate on the companys internal communications activities.
- Assist with content curation, including gathering, organizing, and editing imagery and videos, testimonials, and other content.
- Serve as liaison with external creative, PR, and social media partners by sourcing and providing assets for content development, media opportunities, and other activities as needed (as well as other related vendors).
- Act as support for Company website management and content development.
- Conduct and report on web, industry, and competitor research and trends.
- Collate analytics; track work and initiatives to company metrics.
- Participate in internal and external promotion and support for company-sponsored events.
- All other responsibilities as needed.
Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in Marketing, Communications, or a related field required. Experience with digital marketing tools and platforms strongly preferred. Insurance knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize a high volume of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail while meeting goals and strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms; strong digital skills.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office.
- Photography, video editing, Photoshop, and other graphic design program experience is a plus
- Public relations or corporate communications experience preferred.
Regular Working Conditions (Desk job with occasional walking, use of a computer with hand and finger motions, close and distance vision, minimal noise level and no exposure to weather conditions)
Job Type: Full-time
- photography, video editing, photoshop and graphic design: 2 years (Preferred)
- marketing, communications or equivalent: 2 years (Required)
- public relations or corporate communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- digital marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- life insurance industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules