Dyer Foods – Covington, TN
Basic Function: Provide excellent customer service by filling the shelf with incoming stock, cut and process Beef, Pork and Chicken for customer purchase also respond to customers questions and needs in a professional, friendly, and timely manner.
Examples Of Work Performed:
(Work responsibilities may vary, depending on assignment)
- Rotates products in the Meat case.
- Makes sure the Meat case is clean and neat.
- Keeps Meat items filled.
- Keeps the Meat cooler in order.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Monitors walk in cooler and sales floor counter for proper temperature, is responsible for all lighting counter and cooler in the department
- Be alert to and report any condition that might compromise the safety of customers or associates
- Checks for out-of-date or defective products.
- Unload deliveries and properly put away products into its assigned location for processing
- Ability to wrap and package processed meat
- Properly use equipment necessary for cutting and processing examples Knives, Saw, Slicer, Tenderizer, Wrapping Station, Scale
- Any other responsibilities assigned by Meat manager.NoneWork will take place in areas that are cooler than room temperature. Moving objects 0 ****93 lbs. may be required.
- Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required At Entry:
- Work Environment:
- Supervisory/Managerial Responsibility:
- Knowledge of how to rotate Processed Meats
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to ****93 lbs.
- Ability to use Scale and wrapping station
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed and scheduled.
- Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required For Full-Performance:
- Requires the ability to independently perform all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge of Meat Department layout.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: High School Diploma/ GED equivalent*
- Preferred Experience: Two years experience in Retail or Grocery Business *
- I have read and fully understand the above basic job functions for the Meat Cutter position. I further agree that this Job Description does not imply a contract of employment and that these statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Meat Cutting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Repetitive lifting
Employees working per shift: