Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 70 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Do you know of any engineering firms that can boast that their business actually grew over the
past 12 months? Now you do: Morrison Hershfield!
MH is a 70-year old, privately-held, industry-leading, specialty engineering firm, with 21 offices throughout North America. Our secret to success: hiring the most talented and innovative engineers, creating a learning environment for their development, then challenging them with complex projects, all inside of a fun, team-based, friendly atmosphere.
We welcome you to share in our success!
Currently we are seeking a Mechanical Commissioning Technician in our Atlanta or Baltimore office. The successful candidate will apply an intensive and diversified knowledge of complete mechanical infrastructure start-up testing component commissioning and integrated systems testing. They will need to make decisions independently on methods and procedures, represent the organization to resolve important issues and be capable of planning and coordinating work with contractor professionals in the field. Work at this level will require mission critical facility engineering or commissioning experience.
- Participates in all phases of commissioning projects which may include a variety of complex features, including planning, scheduling, and coordination of work
- Performs engineering design reviews, prepare commissioning scripts and reports, direct client-site testing and manage the training of on-site staff
- Prepares equipment pre-start-up and start-up procedures
- Develops of standard operating procedures (SOP s) and Methods of Procedures (MOPs); Comprehensive Commissioning documentation
- Prepares commissioning test procedures and reports
- Develops and maintain commissioning logs, equipment checklists, and other tools to track commissioning projects
- Prepares comprehensive reports; recommendations for optimizing building operations, functional checklists, list of deficiencies, equipment operation and maintenance manuals
- Reviews design criteria, specifications, drawings, equipment submittal, and other documentation pertinent to commissioning
- Participates in commissioning activity meetings
- Interfaces with construction contractors, vendors, and testing technicians
- Conducts tests and compile all testing procedure results
- Integrates system testing; Load Bank Testing; Compilation of all testing procedure results
- Develops and administers functional tests for various building MEP systems, such as: HVAC air and water distribution systems, air handling units, pumps, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, UPS, Generator, Switchgears Power Distribution Units
- Technical/Technologist Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or accredited college or university a plus
- Previous experience in an engineering service delivery organization/and or consulting /design environment with proven work-related experience in MEP systems
- Data Center / Mission Critical Experience is preferred
- Previous experience working on a mission critical facility construction site a plus
- Licensed PE or EIT in Electrical Discipline a plus
- LEED AP accreditation a plus
- CXA, AABC, ACG certification desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (this role requires heavy amount of writing, documentation, and client interaction)
- High competency in technical writing, systems development and utilization
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD
- Extensive knowledge of MEP systems and controls design, installation and operation a plus
- This position will require domestic travel and may require international travel
- Proven track record of performing commissioning planning, functional testing, building performance investigation including re-commissioning, retro-commissioning and/or preventative maintenance and building system troubleshooting experience for new and existing buildings
Morrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.