Job ID : 28181
Location : Mount Laurel, NJ
Company Name : Cinchseal Associates
Job Type : Full-Time
Industry : Manufacturing/Operations
Salary : $50,000 - $55,000 per year
No. of Positions : 1
Required Skills : SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Mechanical Engineering
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K
Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Designer Engineer is a member of the Mechanical Engineering Team designing Sealing solutions for rotating machinery for food and other industries.
Summary: This position will augment engineering staff in the creation and release of product drawings and related engineering documentation.
Also assist in doing seal related R& D and testing work.
This position reports to the Chief designer – Mechanical.
· Completes the creation of design layouts, assembly drawings and detail drawings of sealing products and assemblies.
· Experience creating detailed engineering/product drawings for manufactured mechanical components, including bill of materials generation
· Working knowledge of ASME Y14 dimensioning and tolerancing standards, including GD&T
· Organizational and follow-up skills. Self-starter
· Thoroughness / attention to detail
· Computer skills (Windows, MS Office, email, previous SharePoint / database experience preferred)
· Initiates engineering changes and completes design drawings to suit engineering changes.
· Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on drawings.
· Participates in the design of cost-effective products with adherence to applicable industry and customer standards/specifications.
· Participates in investigations related to product design and maintenance.
· Performs review of engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards.
· Assists in doing seal related R& D and testing work. Authors & plans test programs and assists in the evaluation of prototypes.
· Performs engineering load calculations.
· Develop and test models of alternate designs or processing methods to achieve better product sealing capability.
· Research and report to management on potential design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
· Develop structural design of products using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
· Selects material based on application; may coordinate procurement.
· Interacts with customers to understand their problems and design suitable solutions under guidance of Chief designer and Engineering manager.
· This role is for an engineering person who will assist the Executive VP in quoting and writing technical answers to technical customer questions.
· The candidate will also help the Executive VP in quote preparation.
Required Knowledge / Skills, Education, and Experience:
Education: BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3+ years of work experience.
· Good demonstrated work experience in rotating machinery or seals are valued highly.
· Strong computer skills and hands on knowledge of 3D modeling software.
• Typically, three to five years of experience in product design/development in an industrial or high-tech environment and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities as presented above.
• Proficient in Solidworks; AutoCAD experience is not sufficient. We work in a SOLIDWORKS design environment.
• Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle different projects simultaneously.
• Good affinity for the understanding of the physics and mechanical aspects of a product and its application.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. The ability to work and communicate effectively.
• English fluency desired. Will be required to answer technical customer questions over the phone.
Physical Demands: • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· This is a full-time position. No remote work allowed. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· Will accept OPT candidates and sponsor H1B Visa for suitable candidates.
Need : Immediate.
Other Duties: • Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Stellar Consulting Solutions San Diego, CA
Role: Mechanical Engineer Location: San Diego, CA
Stellar Consulting Solutions Franklin Lakes, NJ
Role: Mechanical Engineer Location: Franklin Lakes,
Amazon Seattle, WA
The Mechanical Engineer II will be responsible for the system architectures and module designs of a
Magic Leap Plantation, FL
Responsibilities Responsible for researching, planning, and designing electromechanical products
Integrated DNA Technologies Coralville, IA
Designs and develops mechanical fluidic, components, subsystems, systems, test plans, etc., to
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.