Mechanical Project Engineer
RMF Engineering, Inc. – Raleigh, NC
RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer for our buildings department with a strong history of performance in healthcare, higher education, laboratory/research, and government sectors for our Raleigh, North Carolina Office.
- One of the nation s top Giants 300 engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an MEP Giant by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- An equal opportunity employer, we take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.
- To learn more about our company please visit http://www.rmf.com
RMF is a company dedicated to being a great place to work, which centers on the following principles:
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Competitive salary.
- Quality of Life.
- Outstanding Health & Dental benefits.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
The Mechanical Project Engineer will perform advanced engineering calculations as well as code and design analysis on complex projects with little or no supervision. Coordinates design and design issues with project manager, internal team members and outside architects and other consultants, communicates directly with contractors, clients and architects. Works in the office and on site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing design of documents and specifications for:
- HVAC systems
- Plumbing systems
- Medical gas systems
- Fire Protection (performance-based)
- Code analysis
- Energy modeling
- LEED documentation
- Life cycle cost analysis
- The successful candidate will have many of the following characteristics:
- BS Engineering Degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 or more years experience.
- Fundamental mechanical HVAC design knowledge.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Passion for high quality designs.
- Motivation for personal development.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Revit.
**RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]