CloudKeyz, Inc. – Woodland Hills, CA
- CloudKeyz hardware and software technology it KNOWN AS the RING of commercial property access. We replace the Old Call Box Intercom is an exciting hardware and software startup operating for three years located in the greater Los Angeles area. We are VC funded with customers in the Socal area. We are changing the face of the secured access management for commercial property through our innovative cloud-based approach to access control. We have engineered a ground-up solution with unique hardware, electronics architecture, end-user apps, and site manager software control. We have rethought every aspect of secured access and streamlined the experience for all parties involved, from installers to property managers, to tenants.
- See Products Online at www.cloudkeyz.com
First Project (Top-Secret):
- We are making a NEW Reader technology known as the Cloud 9! We are seeking a ME that is skilled & creative enough to make something similar to the NEST thermostat, seen here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1idRSXww31F00p0uwo68SNzHFp9fSk6 IeWYyKdiM1Jg/edit?usp=sharing NO, we are NOT making a Thermostat product. However, this is a good reference point for an ME to get some great ideas you to design how all the internal components get put together. We will have an Aluminum Frame, Acrylic parts, small size 2 x 5. Need someone that can work in small spaces and layered electronic units.
Who are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Contractor:
- This is not a Full Time Salary Job Position. (Contractor Only)
- This will be 5-8 week contract for someone that has availability to work 40 hours and week (or) may consider someone working late hours part-time if their skill set matches what we are looking for.
- Pay Compensation can be Setup on an hourly fee or flat fee (this is open for discussion)
- We are looking for a talented and disciplined Mechanical Engineer to bring into our highly cross-functional team. This individual will be responsible for all physical and mechanical aspects of the enclosure hardware and light systems for our innovative gated entry systems. This person will work as part of our highly skilled multi-disciplinary group and will need to be able to collaborate with both technical and non-technical staff. Candidates must also have a proficiency in SolidWorks as well as high mechanical aptitude, analytical ability, and prototyping skills.
- After the Cloud 9, you will be to take our current Cloud Screen enclosure V1.5 as seen on our website and Remake / Re-engineer this case unit it to fit a completely new Screen and Electronic Component set. All Electronic items will have a CAD and Solid Works 3D files to work with.
- Seeking someone with creative and design style ability. Can follow CEO instruction and Design Guidance.
- Seeking someone that understands Prototype AND Productions version drawings. We will make a Prototype Files first to CNC Aluminum & CNC Acrylic drawings first and Cut/Bent Sheet Metal Parts First. Then after Prototype Units are completed and tested, we will make Production Drawings for Die Case Tools and Injections Molded Parts Drawings..
- This build will go in phases, Prototype First, then Productions Parts
- Redesign the current V1.5 Cloud Screen Case and wrap it around the NEW Screen and Electronics supplied by Screen Vendor.
- Work with existing prototype supplier(s) to manufacture short run samples
- Work with Electrical Engineer to assemble and test prototype units
- Diagnose any potential issues with prototypes as it relates to manufacturability, ease of assembly, and end-use functionality and make appropriate design revisions to remedy the issues
- Brainstorm with CEO and the entire team to develop product requirements for future products
- Utilize SolidWorks to create detailed CAD models and drawings for new products and components as well as modify existing products
- Aid in sourcing of components and tooling
- Create costed BOM spreadsheets as required
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be able to read, understand, and translate technical engineering documentation.
- Be able to efficiently and effectively design components of various types and materials, including, but not limited to, CNC machining, die casting, injection molding, and sheet metal stamping/forming.
- Be capable of determining the best prototyping method for proving out concepts in a quick and cost effective manner.
- Have the ability to select and specify the appropriate material and process for each system component in order to accomplish the defined product goals and features.
- Design, source, build and test prototypes and evaluate functional performance.
- Be accountable for design decisions and effectively communicate the basis for such decisions with members of the executive team.
- Create and implement test requirements for the system in order to validate the functionality of the design.
- Develop detailed CAD models and drawings using Solidworks.
- Work autonomously and independently without major oversight.
- Participate in brainstorming and design review sessions with other technical and non-technical personnel.
- BS in mechanical engineering or relevant discipline and 10+ years of experience in product design engineering
- Experience with hands-on part/component design and prototyping.
- Experience communicating with suppliers and manufacturers, both domestic and overseas.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of multiple manufacturing methods and disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience working in SolidWorks (Certified Professional or Expert preferred).
- Excellent theoretical or demonstrated knowledge of design and mechanical engineering analysis/practices (i.e. materials, tolerances, component specifications/evaluation, trade-off analysis)
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs products, especially excel/sheets
Relevant experience includes:
- Design/development/testing of consumer electronics enclosures is a plus
- Rapid prototyping and assembly
- Injection molded part design
- Die-cast part design
- Light pipe or lighting system design
The Perks of Working with our Team:
- Join a young team with successful startup exit success
- Learn from experienced entrepreneurs that have been back by some of the worlds best VCs (e.g. Okapi Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Google Ventures, etc.)
Job Type: Contract
Full Time Opportunity: