CHC will offer a $2,000.00 sign-on bonus for this position.Reads, speaks, understands and writes proficiently in English.Works independently and is self-directed.Works effectively in a team environment.Organizes, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple activities and tasks.Works with initiative, energy and effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.Remains calm and effective in high pressure and emergency situations.Produces work in high quantity and quality.Problem-solves with creativity and ingenuity.Use of multi-line telephones and other office machines.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel and Outlook.Knowledge of medical terminology.
The Medical Assistant (MA) operates in a team with other clinic healthcare providers and support staff. The assistant escorts patients to the exam rooms and assists in determining medical problems. The MA assists medical providers with minor diagnostic procedures and treatments as directed; taking vital signs, maintaining records and recording test results. Minimum Qualifications Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
EducationHigh school graduate or equivalent.Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting program; or a minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a medical assistant. ExperienceCustomer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).
Experience Preferred:Customer service related experience working with the general public (1 year).Experience in a multiple provider medical practice.ICD-10 coding experience.CPT-4 coding experience.Working with insurance/billing in a healthcare setting/insurance organization.Healthcare information systems, such as electronic health record and practice management systems experience.Working with low income, multi-ethnic populations.
CredentialsMedical Assistant - Certified or Interim - certification with the State of Washington.Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR/AED). Certification must be obtained within ninety (90) days of employment.
Job Specific Functions/Performance Expectations:
1. Greets patients, interpreters and visitors, in person and by phone, in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner, responds to inquiries, takes messages, and provides accurate information regarding schedules and services.
2. Monitors schedules and patient arrivals, participates in sequencing patients, and provides assistance to co-workers to maintain a smooth and efficient patient flow for entire clinic for maximum productivity.
3. Assists the providers with minor diagnostic procedures, treatments and education as directed.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
5. Coordinates tasks regarding health information with Health Information Specialists.
6. Review scheduled appointments in advance in preparation for the patient visit. Obtaining any needed information ie: state immunization registry, ER records, specialty reports, diagnostic results.
7. Performs capillary and venous blood withdrawal as directed.
8. Performs intradermal, subcutaneous and intramuscular injections as directed.
9. Administers eye drops and topical ointments as directed.
10. Labels and maintains proper storage for specimens and tests. Performs in-house lab testing, delivers on-site results to provider.
11. Timely review and completion of tasks as assigned.
12. Accurate and timely completion/documentation of services provided, to include submission of billing codes.
13. Schedules patients for procedures, and provides all necessary paperwork and instructions to patient prior to procedure.
14. Keeps patient exam and procedure rooms fully stocked, organized, clean, safe and prepared before and after each patient encounter. Prepares appropriate instruments and materials for each treatment procedure.
15. Follows established inventory and supply monitoring system and purchasing protocols for maintaining stock and ordering supplies as assigned.
16. Follows established protocols for routine calibration, cleaning, disinfection, sterilization of instruments and equipment as assigned and identifies and reports maintenance and repair needs.
17. Performs quality control testing as directed for all CLIA waived in-house lab tests.
18. Process diagnostics and urgent referrals as delegated.
19. Performs the duties of a Medical Receptionist, as needed, and assists with other departments when called upon.
20. Adheres to organizational infection control practices and written plan.
21. Adheres to attendance standards in order to perform the job functions for daily operations and/or continuity of patient care.