Heart Care Centers of Illinois – Palos Park, IL
Heart Care Centers of Illinois, a multi-site network of cardiovascular providers, currently has an opening for a Medical Billing/Coding Specialist responsible for the accurate and timely charge entry of medical services rendered by the professional medical staff of the clients supported by Midwest Physicians Alliance. Strict adherence to all third party payer guidelines and regulations regarding coding compliance is a top priority.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining current knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD coding systems, including the appropriate application of procedure code modifiers and NCCI edits.
- Maintaining current knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and all other third-party payer regulatory and compliance guidelines with regard to coding and claim submission for professional medical services.
- Gathering and organizing all necessary data from physicians, hospitals and/or ancillary personnel to ensure accurate and timely submission of claims submitted to third-party payers.
- Verifying that CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 codes submitted to third-party payers are an accurate representation of the medical services rendered by the provider(s). Researching any discrepancies noted prior to charge entry to ensure accuracy.
- Verifying and entering patient demographic and insurance information into the billing system. Return patient calls on billing questions.
- Posting coded services to the appropriate patient account(s) in the practice management system.
- Assisting the Accounts Receivable Department with payer denials relating to coding issues.
- Notifying the Billing Supervisor of any regulatory and compliance issues relating to inaccuracies or aberrant billing patterns discovered during the billing process.
- Minimum of 2 years medical billing experience
- Medical Coding Certification or RHIT
- Ability to accurately assign CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 billing codes
- Ability to interpret and apply National Correct Coding Edits
- Ability to accurately apply procedure code modifiers
- Ability to accurately link ICD-10 and CPT codes
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, cardiology experience a plus
- Working knowledge of third-party payer regulations and coverage guidelines
- IDX software experience a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- medical billing and coding: 2 years (Preferred)
- Palos Park, IL (Preferred)
- CCS-P, CPC-P or RHIT (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Child Care benefits
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules