**Relocation available for qualified candidates!**
**This position is located in Baltimore, MD**
Park West Health System is a Federal Qualified Health Center offering comprehensive health services in OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Adult Medicine, Dentistry, Behavioral Health, Pharmacy, and HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
The Medical Director reports directly to and advises the CEO. The Medical Director monitors clinical performance to ensure medical services and operations are in compliance with all applicable regulatory and licensing agencies. As a member of the leadership team, the Medical Director is responsible for implementing, reviewing, and developing clinical protocols, performance objectives, productivity benchmarks, compliance measures, provider workflow planning and continuous clinical quality improvement.
- Participate in administrative meetings, general staff meetings, team leader (compliance) meetings, personnel meetings, assist as appropriate with the development of and implementation of new programs as required to provide clinical insight for organizational planning and decision-making regarding patient care programs and clinical operations.
- Works with the CEO and administrative management team staff to develop and communicate the health centers vision/plans for improving the health of their patients.
- Assures consistency of organizational mission with demonstrated needs/expectations of the medically underserved community by identifying the health care needs of the community and communicating those needs to the staff, such that program initiatives are created that are designed to meet the needs of the community.
- Collaborates in ensuring the viability of the organization through the oversight of provider productivity, development of the annual budget, participation as a member of the administrative management team and participation in the processes of grant writing and funding opportunities.
- Work closely with the behavioral health specialists to provide continuity of care for the behavior health population.
- Utilize technology as required and assist in the implementation of updating procedures including EHR and providing update training for other providers.
- Establish and oversee quality assurance regarding health care services- the clinical (evidence-based clinical quality standards), safety, infection control, billing and practice policies and operating procedures/protocols to ensure the appropriate federal and state regulations and professional guidelines are met.
- Champion delivery of quality care as a priority for the medical staff and develop and coordinate systems/processes for controlling costs related to clinical resource utilization.
- Serves as the agency liaison to the area medical community-at-large, including medical schools, community physicians and medical societies.
- Manage the functions of the Medical Directors office, including aspects of provider appointment/reappointment, departmental rules and regulations, policies and procedures, oversight of providers departmental and committee functions, oversight of all processes for dealing with disruptive or impaired providers, and the oversight of credentialing matters for the providers.
- Ensure that provider staff clinical practices comply with all local, state, federal and other regulatory requirements as well as nationally recognized standards of care. Assures clinical services meet the program requirements to maintain FQHC status and assists in education for staff to assure an understanding of FQHC compliance regulations.
- The Medical Director participates in direct patient care to patients.
- Ideally has been a Medical Director (or equivalent) in an FQHC or health system.
- Medical Degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certified physician with practice and administrative experience.
- Licensed by Maryland Medical Board.
- Excellent communication and relationship development skills with both internal and external constituents and in organizing and prioritizing workload for meeting deadlines.
Job Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Indeed Hire and Park West Health Systems, Inc. are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $190,000.00 to $220,000.00 /year
- Maryland Medical Board (Required)
- Board certified physician (Required)