Premier Medical Group of the Hudson Valley – Poughkeepsie, NY
Position requires excellent customer service skills with patients, employees, and the public. Individual must also be flexible, organized and must be able to manage a demanding workload with accuracy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtaining patient demographic and verifying insurance information at each visit.
- Obtaining necessary patient information to meet current Federal guidelines and Meaningful Use guidelines for electronic medical records.
- Scanning pertinent patient information into EMR including patient authorizations, recent labs delivered by patient, etc.
- Issuing specimen collection containers to patients as needed.
- Preparing superbills and specimen labels for next days patients.
- Preparing procedure requisitions for next days patients as needed.
- Collecting co-payments, including cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Entering visit charges into EMR per doctors coding on superbill.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments, and inputting recall notices into EMR as needed.
- Insuring patient has all necessary paperwork for further testing.
- Obtaining patient authorization for medical records release (HIPAA compliance).
- Identifying and resolving minor patient billing complaints.
- Maintaining cleanliness of waiting room.
- Assists other members of the scheduling department as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a High School diploma; Associates Degree preferred.
- At least one year relevant experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT billing codes a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with administration and staff.
- Ability to travel to other Urology locations
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer