Medical Technologist PRN
North Suburban Medical Center – Thornton, CO
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
With a generation of caring for the communities of north Denver, North Suburban Medical Center has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. North Suburban leads the north Denver area in quality ratings and is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission each of the last five years.
Medical TechnologistThe Lab at North Suburban Medical Center is a tight-knit, team-oriented group of dedicated professionals with a passion for helping others. This is your opportunity to work in a progressive healthcare environment with a dedicated team to provide essential laboratory services.
- Opportunity to grow and advance
- Positive team environment
- Competitive compensation plan
The Med Tech is responsible for:
- All technical procedures
- Maintains knowledge of all procedures and protocols pertinent to the department
- Maintains proficiency in performance of technical procedures, including venipuncture and capillary puncture on patients of all ages
- Collects and processes specimens on patients of all ages as required.
- Performs test requests on patients with many different clinical conditions (from screening of healthy outpatients up to and including the major, complex intensive care patients) and all age ranges from newborns to geriatric patients
- Assists the clerical duties of the department
- Performs required function verification of equipment
- Communicates with other allied health care professionals and patients according to job requirements
- Performs testing in clinical Lab departments as assigned, following the policies and procedures of that department.
- MT(ASCP), or specialty, or eligible for registry or equivalent or MLT or equivalent expertise in the clinical laboratory field.
- Prefer 1-2 years of clinical laboratory experience.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner with coworkers, physicians, nursing staff and patients
- Must demonstrate above average manual dexterity.
- Must have working knowledge of laboratory computers and instrumentation.