Build a rewarding career
Southern Cross & The Spear Group, sister companies, partner to present you the next opportunity for your career. When you partner with the Spear Group for your next role, youll be working alongside an experienced team who truly understands the challenges of your sector. Well take the time to appreciate the types of projects you enjoy, as well as the work environments you thrive in. With over 30 years of experience, we have deep networks and serve top-tier companies across North America. Explore our current postings and submit your resume to start the conversation today.
The Spear Group is looking for a Metering Solutions Operating Analyst to work with our client on a contract assignment basis for 12 months. This position is located in Richmond, Virginia. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply. The assignment has a start date as of July 1, 2019.Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills, abilities and education required for entry into this job include the following:Experience:
3 or more years of demonstrated analytical experience including the ability to use a relational database. Desired Knowledge:
-Business functions and business areas information systems and applications including, UIQ suite, FCS, and CBMS. -Business areas data needs, automated equipment, operating systems and software of various platforms (i.e., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Access, etc.).
- Basic Understanding of Metering processes and hardware.
- Basic Understanding of AMI and AMR technology Abilities:
- Must possess analytical skills and project conceptual and logical reasoning.
- Must be able to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines as designated by project management.
- Must possess excellent organization and communications skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in working with others inside and outside the company.
- Must be a strong problem solver with the ability to identify and solve problems quickly.
- Must possess effective troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able to run queries in Access (or similar platform) and create charts in Excel
- Must demonstrate the ability to facilitate meetings and coordinate resolution through group meetings inside and outside the department.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of cycle based billing
This role is responsible for supporting and analyzing Metering Solutions technology systems and energy data; to include, but not limited to, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Automated Meter Reading (AMR) systems. This role is also responsible for developing, analyzing and maintaining accuracy of various AMR and AMI reports, as well as testing and implementation of enhancements to metering systems and any interfacing systems or applications.Specific responsibilities include:
- Support planned and unplanned optimization efforts and, through extensive analytics, provide data that will result in recommendations for enhancements and modifications to the AMI netgear infrastructure
- Analyze non-communicating meters during deployments to determine if field investigations are necessary
- Oversight of the AMI Opt-Out program
- Prepare weekly reports by querying and analyzing data using a relational database to prioritize field investigations
- Create , edit and import netgear device files for the purpose of maintaining equipment accounting and updating AMI netgear location data in our AMI head-in production system
- Daily troubleshooting and analyzing of meter reading hardware, software and processes serving as the primary point of contact for system users in a help desk support capacity
- System administrator for the Field Collection System (FCS), that is the AMR metering head-end system, by performing daily maintenance and ensuring all billing critical routes are valid ahead of CBMSs nightly pick-up
- Contribute to the development and implementation of business requirements and project plans for system updates and upgrades
- Maintain a working inventory of AMR toughbooks through imaging and assist with testing of new patches or updates Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Proficiently performs assignments having the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to carry out all aspects of the job
- Exercises independent judgment and decision-making in planning, organizing and conducting work assignments
- May receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and knows when to get others involved
- Effectively utilizes the proper resources to develop solutions and devise new approaches to problems encountered in work assignments
- Identifies and eliminates unnecessary work and non-value added activities
- Experience with relational databases such as Microsoft Access or equivalent
Heavy in excel and data analytics. Preferred Access experienceEQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Spear Group, Inc. and our PEO, Oasis Outsourcing, are Equal Opportunity Employers. All personnel actions are effected without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected status pursuant to law. As a responsible organization, we resolutely support the concept and practice of Equal Employment Opportunity. We uphold federal, state, and local civil rights laws and work to ensure that all of our personnel actions and policies are in compliance. Additionally, we recognize and value the importance and diversity of our work force and support its various cultures. The Companies are dedicated to fostering an environment that respects the dignity, rights and contributions of our employees.