United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USAAt Collins Aerospace, were dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems were driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, youll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.The nature of our global business is complex and we are part of one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. Our success relies on the Office of the General Counsel to help us get the job done. As a valued partner, the Office of the General Counsel plays an integral role in the Collins Aerospace technologies becoming a reality in space, in the air, or on the ground. The team members bring their passion, expertise and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our collective world class teams inventive ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career at a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
This position is for an Experienced contracts professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in contracts administration and litigation. Oversees multiple contract negotiations for the organization and guides less experienced professionals on protecting business interests. Ensures implementation of significant improvements to processes to enhance department performance and effectiveness.
- Drafts, generates, interprets and manages the largest, most sensitive, and complex contract documents, in accordance with internal and external customer schedules and requests, to ensure these documents properly reflect business objectives.
- Independently supports the contract manager in coordinating input from other organizations during the sales campaign process.
- Directs analysis and prepares reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Coaches and guides junior professionals and reviews their work to ensure output is of quality and in accordance with business objectives.
- Conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Manages small- to medium-sized projects.
- Advises and represents the organization on legal issues concerning contract matters.
- Creates proposals, negotiates and executes contracts.
- Provides legal advice on warranty and contract administration.
- Prepares legal documentation for legal and contract negotiations and relationships.
- Prepares legal applications for warranty and new contracts, as needed.
- Maintains historical legal records.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelors degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace, every day.