XOR Security is currently seeking talented SOC Analyst for an exciting position supporting one of our premier clients. Our project is aimed at establishing cutting-edge techniques for network defense, identifying threats and detecting malicious activity using advanced toolsets.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience as a SOC analyst performing Incident Response and Intrusion Detection on an operational Federal network. The candidate will Monitor and analyze network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs and provide a technical resource and escalation point for tier 1 analysts. The candidate will perform incident response to investigate and resolve security incidents. The candidate will need to be able to determine between false and true positives events, prioritizing them appropriately and see them through from end to end. Additionally, the candidate will perform or review root cause analysis efforts following incident recovery. The candidate will compose security alert notifications and other communications on behalf of the SOC.
In addition, the candidate will need to stay up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures. The candidate will Develop follow-up action plans to resolve reportable issues and communicate with the other technologists to address security threats and incidents. Also, the candidate will Regularly develop new use cases for automation and tuning of security tools. The candidate will Define and create privacy and security reportable issues metrics and reports. The candidate will need to contribute to security strategy and security posture by identifying security gaps, evaluate and implement enhancements. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical expertise of log and monitoring management systems, security event monitoring systems, network-based and host-based intrusion detection systems, firewall technologies, malware detection and enterprise-level antivirus solutions/systems, VPN technologies and encryptions standards
Washington D.C., USA
Skills and Qualifications:
- An industry technical certification such as GCIH
- Experience with tools such as Active Directory, Cisco IOS, MS Server, ESA, WSA, Stealthwatch, AMP, Splunk, FortiSIEM, SNORT, Yara, IronPort, and Firepower.
- Experience with deployment and documentation of enterprise project management and change management processes
- Ability to identify solutions to potential network issues/embrace network simplification and strengthened security
- Ability to conduct event triage and analysis and incident investigation
- Three (3) years of experience in network defense environments
- Understanding of command line scripting and implementation (e.g., Python, Powershell)
- Ability to write new content/searches/scripts (e.g., Splunk dashboards, Splunk ES alerts, SNORT signatures, Python scripts, Powershell scripts)
- Familiarity with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP Flags, TCP Handshake, IP addressing, Firewalls, Proxy, IDS, IPS)
- Ability to perform Netflow / packet capture (PCAP) analysis
- Experience with cyber threat hunting
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent experience
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP and PUBLIC TRUST CLEARANCE REQUIRED.