Mid Level Java DeveloperLocation of WorkAnnapolis Junction, MD
Next Century Corporation is seeking a Mid-level Java Developer to join our team, working at our headquarters in Annapolis Junction, MD!
What we are asking you to do:
- Support efforts to transform technology architectures for Next Century s largest customer organization.
- Work with a team of senior Next Century engineers alongside government technical directors to bring the next generation of technologies into critical customer missions.
- Support the design, development, and delivery of applications used to assemble and disseminate knowledge with analysts and partners across the world.
- Explore new database technologies and make architecture recommendations for the customer, and then implement your technical solutions.
- Emphasis will be placed on open source and scalable solutions capable of assembling and sharing petabyte-sized data.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer, with a heavy emphasis on back end software engineering
- Experience with Java ecosystem and Spring framework.
- Experience with one or more of the following would be a bonus: Neo4j (graph databases in general), Kafka, NiagaraFiles, Kubernetes, Python, Elasticsearch, knowledge extraction libraries.
- Rapid prototyping expertise
- Openness to implementing new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, team player mentality
- 10-15 members
- Agile with regular sprints
- Collaborative environment
About Next Century
We were founded as a direct result of the 9/11 attacks and provide solutions that integrate situational awareness, at a glance analysis, decision support, collaboration, and other core capabilities utilizing our expertise in data visualization, user interface design, GIS, image exploitation, and mobile computing.
Who We Are Seeking
At Next Century, we are committed to growing our team of high performers to accomplish our mission of saving lives and protecting our country. We are not a body shop; we avoid staff augmentation, and we are totally committed to excellence in all that we do.
Joining our team is not just a position, but a journey with a team of world-class software engineers who share a passion for using their skills and experience to make a difference.
We are seeking those that hold these traits and beliefs:
- Passionate about protecting our country and saving lives
- Aware of the concept of a high-performance organization and is committed to achieving them
- Engineers that desire to work closely with end users to identify the most critical information
- Demonstrated passion for learning and curiosity of the world
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Next Century is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer