Mid-Level Provider Womens Health (83% Time)(Job Number: 0179623)
Description Job Purpose: The Mid-Level Provider will provide Women s Health care using approved protocols and references as a guide. Consult and collaborate with other healthcare providers as needed, providing appropriate referrals. Order and interpret lab and diagnostic tests, order medications and treatments per protocol or under physician supervision. Provide health education and counseling.
- Provide quality care for female patients; collaborate with other units in the health center to promote health education.
- Provide age-appropriate acute and preventive gynecological health care to eligible women within the Institute community.
- Manage common complaints presented to a Women s Health setting including, but not limited to, lower abdominal pain, vaginal discharge, abnormal menstrual bleeding, dysuria.
- Provide counseling about and appropriate prescribing for contraception.
- Perform wet prep, PAP collection, other Women s Health Procedures such as IUD and Implant placements; interpret laboratory values.
- Position will practice within their specific scope of practice and will consult with collaborating physician freely and appropriately. Make appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Consult with physician regarding radiology results.
- Act as an advocate for the patient at all times. Exhibit a team approach regarding health care delivery.
- Maintain appropriate CME hours.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate from an accredited mid level provider program: Nurse Practitioners must have graduated from an accredited college of nursing (Master s degree or higher) with a Georgia license to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (license must have Advanced Practice Registered Nurse designation). Physician assistants must have graduated from an accredited (Master s degree or higher) Physician Assistant program and have a Georgia license to practice as a physician assistant.
- Work Experience: Minimum of two years of experience in women s healthcare
- Certifications: Current unrestricted Georgia license; current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification; current CPR certification
- Skills: Position requires the following: computer skills: Microsoft Office and email; demonstrated leadership skills in conduct, practice and professional commitment. Excellent customer services skills and knowledge and sensitivity to young adult health issues are required. Familiarity with electronic health record software is required.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Three to five years of experience in women s healthcare
- Preferred Certifications: ATLS certification, ACLS certification
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/employment/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT s background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: other health care providers, patients. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: N/A.
Department Description Stamps Health Services is an outpatient ambulatory care center that provides health care and health education to students and their spouses/domestic partners. The center is located in a state-of-the-art, 40,000-square-foot facility within the Joseph Brown Whitehead Building (740 Ferst Drive), next to the Campus Recreation Center. Our mission is to promote the health and well-being of the Georgia Tech community by leading public health initiatives, developing health education and health promotion activities, providing training, research and teaching for new health professionals, providing direct patient care to students, faculty, staff, and the larger campus community, and to provide health services to visitors and guests receiving educational and related services at Georgia Tech and other health services the Senior Director of the SHS deems supportive of Georgia Techs educational mission.
Job: Healthcare Primary LocationGeorgia-Atlanta Organization: Auxiliary Services Job Posting: Jun 14, 2019, 4:28:12 PM
Hiring Range: NS Schedule: Full-time