Overview WorldVentures, a dynamic, global, fast growing member based travel company, is currently sourcing for a Mid-level Android Developer to be based in our Plano, Texas headquarters. WorldVentures is a fast paced environment with a core of innovation and fun. If you are prepared to grow your career, wear multiple hats, and be part of a fast paced team with a focus on exceptional service, this may be the role for you.
In this role you will develop and launch new mobile products and extend platform functionality as part of our next generation strategy. You will work closely with product management, designers and other engineers to define, design and develop our flagship mobile app. We care about building high-quality software flexible and robust enough to handle millions of users.
We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecting, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings. If youre thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new features and services from scratch, and think you can manage the ambiguity and pace, we would love to connect with you.
- Develop Android solutions that deliver on Product Strategy.
- Partner with Software Engineers, UX/UI, QA Analysts & Engineers, and Product Owners/Analysts.
- Remains an active learner in all technologies related to Android development (Java, Android SDK, AndroidWear, Android Studio, Gradle, 3rd party libraries, Google developments, etc.).
- Actively engage with developers outside of the local sprint team across various disciplines (Android, iOS, APIs, Web, etc.).
- Proficiency with Android Studio Tooling.
- Presented coding topics to development peer group internal and external to work.
- Maintains an active public coding presence through GitHub.- Android sub-system or higher-level construct knowledge (Audio/Video, NDK, HCE, NFC, AOSP, Linux Kernel, etc.).
- Ability to detect and abstract common patterns in code.
- 4+ years of development experience which can include a combination on Android and Java
- Strong understanding of Java and Android SDK/Android Studio.
- A solid understanding of Java, Material Design and Object Oriented patterns & best practices
- Fundamental experience working with the Android SDK including Activities, Fragments, Intents, Layouts, etc.
- Knowledgeable in any combination of the below skill set
- MSA integration
- Knowledge of GIT or SVN
- JSON, XML
- REST web service framework
- Push notifications
- Integration with mobile analytic SDK (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, etc.)
- Core Location, BLE
- Understands mobile performance, latency, and security issues
- Good experience with UIKit, Networking and cross platform development.
- Comfortable with Android performance (memory, speed, networking) and experience using performance analysis tools
- Good experience with local caching and offline mode concepts
- In-depth knowledge of current technological trends, developments, and best practices in the area of information security, wireless network architecture, technologies, and concepts.
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation, good organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
WorldVentures is a privately held company based in Plano, Texas with active representatives and members in over 28 countries. WorldVentures proudly offers competitive salaries and benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life / AD&D, FSA, 401K and a robust vacation and holiday package. In addition, all full time employees automatically receive a WorldVentures membership at no cost to allow employees access to our exclusive DreamTrips group travel experiences.