MRO Materials Supervisor
Albanese Confectionery – Merrillville, IN
The MRO Materials Supervisor is responsible for creating, analyzing performance and identifying opportunity for MRO inventory. This involves working with Maintenance, Engineering and Operations. The ideal candidate would have MRO parts and inventory experience, be a self-starter, and is able to analyze and identify opportunity on their own in accordance with ACG policies and procedures
- Interact with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to create work packages for Maintenance/Engineering
- Maintain ERP system accuracy
- Review late PO s and improvements with our suppliers.
- Achieve cost reduction targets for MRO
- Provide support for internal customers, i.e.: Maintenance/Engineering/Production
- Ongoing interface with Accounting and supplier base to ensure correct invoice/payment amounts
- As needed notify requestor that material has arrived and is ready for use
- Assist in estimating/RFQ process/identify bidders list under direction of the Capital Projects and MRO Procurement Manager
- Maintains records and generate daily/weekly/monthly inventory reports
- Manage inventory accuracy through monitoring of daily warehouse activities, cycle counts and physical inventories
- Perform root causes analysis of inventory variances and issue corrective action as necessary.
- Recommend solutions to problem areas
- Manage weekly calls/visits with our top suppliers
- Comply with all company Quality, HACCP, GMP and Food Safety Standards
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Skills & Experience
- High School Diploma required
- 3 to 5 years inventory control experience required
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems.
- Strong collaboration, team building, and development skills.
- CMMS experience preferred
- Strong MS Office skills
- Purchasing skills to include obtaining quotes and negotiations
- Experience with Equipment Drawings, BOM s, etc.
- Forklift experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs