POSITION SUMMARY: The Municipal Contracts Administrator (MCA) performs a wide range of activities in direct support of Republic Services municipal contracts and franchises. The MCAs responsibilities stem directly from commitments made by Republic Services within executed municipal contracts, franchises or ordinances, and as they are mutually modified. The MCA reports to the Municipal Relationship Manager (MRM) as well as supports both MRM and the Business Unit General Manager (GM). This position acts as a liaison between the business unit, the municipal contracts staff providing specific Republic Services contract oversight, and with the internal business unit operations and accounting team, assuring systems data are accurate.
- Oversees milestones tracking, data summaries and reports of all the business unit contracts and franchises. Responsible for the daily data entry work in Republics web-based program, SalesForce.
- Ensures compliance with agreed upon conditions that exist within Republic Services municipal contracts and related administrative rules.
- Engages in in-depth analysis of all municipal contract details and provides insight to the GM and the MRM regarding potential contract conflicts or opportunities.
- Communicates with and visits municipal contacts regularly to maintain municipal confidence in Republic Services contract performance.
- Works with the MRM, controller and assistant controller in the preparation of annual franchise reports covering financial overviews, accomplishments, statistical information and infographics.
- Compiles, summarizes, organizes and tracks government agency issues, legislative topics, minutes, and meeting notes.
- Coordinates and assists in the creation of communication tools, marketing materials and reports that are directly related to the contracts and franchises.
- Oversees, coordinates and staffs community recycling outreach and education events as required per contract.
- Works with the BU municipal team to develop and update franchise website content, as well as printed outreach materials (art work, messaging, multilingual).
- Coordinates the review, approval and tracking process for sponsorships, in-kind donations, and political contributions.
- Attends meetings and events as assigned by the Municipal Relations Manager.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to use Office based programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and database programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage several different projects at a time, independently.
- Ability to create clear, concise, detail oriented plans and complete tasks by assigned deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal communication across various levels in the organization and with external customers and vendors.
- Ability to interact with and present to customers and Company management on a variety of business issues.
- Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to Company.
- Demonstrable background in in customer experience & engagement and market communication tools; including social media.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
- Experience with supply chain management or contract and procurement management in a city or county capacity.
- Experience with events planning and coordination.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in contracts or procurement, customer service, marketing or sales.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.