Job Id : 1585
Jobtitle : Network Engineer
Location : Scott AFB , illinois
Company Name : BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $70,000 - $100,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-07-26
Required Skills : Engineering, Information Technology, Design
Benefits : No benefits are available
Part of a team that provides technical support for a large scale, global network. Responsible for resolving complex problems and issues escalated from Tier 1 technicians. Engages in a broad range of specialized network/system functional areas, such as network systems engineering, network topology planning, network route planning, management of network configurations, and modeling and simulation of the networks/systems. Analyzes network proactively to prevent failures due to equipment degradations or other causes. Assists in developing specific cutover/implementation plans based on established procedures. Accountable and responsible for maintaining accuracy of network database and associated documentation. Provides input for network maintenance and expansion planning. Interfaces with other technical experts on network performance, based on Department of Defense criteria, and recommends additions/deletions/reconfigurations. Researches, analyzes and/or develops reports of network/system operations, functions, or performance; network topology plans/changes; network route plans/changes; configurations, etc. Applies systems engineering disciplines to the provisioning of new service offerings over the network/system, often specifically tailored with military unique features. Applies knowledge of Performance monitor statistics.
Locations include: Scott AFB IL, Montgomery AL, Ogden, UT, Ft. Meade MD, Springfield VA
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- DoD 8570 IAT - level II baseline certification. This is a GSEC, GICSP, Security+(CE), SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP (or Associate), or CASP certification.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, configuration management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
Experience implementing and troubleshooting Cisco (multiple platforms) and Juniper (MX series) based networks.
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes
- Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing.
- Must be dedicated to continued self improvement and willing to learn new technologies
Preferred Skills and Education
- ITIL foundation Certification.
- Cisco, Juniper, or other similar certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
IMS Sunnyvale, CA
11-month contract Sunnyvale, CA Wireless Network Validation Engineer
Mobile Programming LLC Palo Alto, CA
Job Title : Network Security Engineer
Samurai Infotech LLC Jersey City ,NJ
Please send updated resume, rate and availability to [email protected] Job Description
CyberGuard Solutions Indianapolis
CyberGuard Solutions is a fast-growing technology services company with client projects that
S Force IT Solutions LLC Texas City, TX
Network EngineerS Force IT Solutions LLC – Texas City, TXNetwork Engineer Required skills for
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.