Network Systems Analyst/Engineer
Job ID : 26833
Location : Ashburn, VA
Company Name : Loginsoft Consulting LLC
Job Type : Contract
Industry : Telecommunications
Salary : $30 - $35 per hour
No. of Positions : 2-4
Required Skills : Networking
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K
Job Description :
- The entry-level position is responsible for network systems integration and systems administration using virtual machines and leveraging virtualization platforms.
- Perform testing activities, including the development of technical test requirements, test plans, test execution, test exit reports, defect tracking, and troubleshooting/triaging interoperability issues.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the test lab build-out, test, and lab support for these platforms.
- Develop and validate the Method of Procedure (MoP) and provide guidance and support for production deployments.
- Work as part of test teams and suppliers to ensure timely delivery and overall functioning of the solution in the lab and production environments.
- Participate in periodic status meetings and joint working sessions with teams and supplier on integration and testing activities.
- Meet schedule commitments to ensure timely delivery.
- Participate and provide data to prepare and present technical status updates for senior leadership team and for all cross-functional project teams.
- Work is varied within a sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Work requires constant interpretation.
- Solve a wide range of complex problems.
- Provide solutions to technical issues that have project-wide and revenue impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as engineering, computer science or mathematics
- 1-3 years minimum hands-on experience in-home network technologies.
- 1-3 years experience with the TCP/IP protocol suite and technologies (IP, IPv6, QoS, IGMP, TCP, UDP, ARP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, LAN and WAN, Routers, Switches, Throughput and Latency, etc.)
- Experience with Multimedia over Coax (MoCA)
- 1-3 years of hands-on experience configuring and testing, diagnosing, troubleshooting in-home router features and services.
- 1-3 years minimal experience with server administration and Linux system administration
- 1-3 years of minimal experience with virtualization (OpenStack or VMware)
- 1-3 years of minimal experience with networking/data communications
- 1-3 years minimal experience with database implementations and administration (prefer experience with Oracle schema and clustering)
- Hands-on experience with Windows, Apple, Linux, Android, IOS software architecture and programming (scripting and automation)
- Education and/or certification related to Information Technology
- Education and/or certification related to Wi-Fi Technologies
- Education and/or certification related to Network Management Systems
- Education and/or certification related to Security
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)