The Neuro Wellness Program (NWP) Manager, working closely with the President of SLI, will be responsible for the coordination, supervision and general management of SLIs Neuro Wellness Program (NWP). This program is comprised of classes and activities designed to improve the physical, cognitive and social functioning of individuals living with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) and other neurological conditions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Oversight of NWP:
- Working hands-on with survivors of ABI and other neurological conditions in various wellness classes with a primary focus on adaptive exercise. Other classes may include yoga, art, music and more; at least 15 hours of Adaptive Exercise class oversight per week. Travel may be required for this oversight.
- Assistance with NWP design, participant recruitment, scheduling and evaluation
- Administrative tasks such as client, intern, and volunteer intake and registration, census tracking, billing, monthly reports to funders, participation in data collection with research partners, etc.
Oversight of student interns/volunteers:
- Recruiting, hiring and managing teams of student interns and/or volunteers who support NWP participants
- Completing intern evaluations, leading group meetings, maintaining positive relationships with local colleges participating in the internship program
- Teaching student interns proper exercise technique and other best practices for working with ABI and other neurological conditions.
- A strong working knowledge of, and passion for, health, wellness and physical fitness
- Experience in a management or similar leadership position with a focus on program outcomes
- Comfortable working with people with brain injury, neurological disorders and/or other conditions effecting ones participation in fitness and wellness activities
- Strong instructional and training skills conducive to meeting the changing needs of interns, volunteers and participants in the NWP
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both in-person, via phone and email
- Be an independent thinker and observant in nature
- Address conflict and/or concerns in a respectful, timely, and tactful manner.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and similar programs.
- Bachelors degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science or similar programs or; Associates degree with PTA/OTA certification or CPT
- CPR/AED Certification, First Aid Certification. Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) certification or obtain within first 6-12 months on the job
- Must be able to provide own transportation between program sites (Rockport, North Reading, Marblehead, Wenham, Woburn) on a regular basis.
Schedule: Full-time position
Salary Range: $40,000-60,000 (commensurate with education, certification, and experience)
Please submit a recent, updated resume and a cover letter, along with the names, phone numbers and email addresses of two professional references.
For inquiries regarding this position, please contact us by calling (781) 274-8711
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Hours per Week: