If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of others, look no further! Preservation Management, Inc. takes great pride in, not only making a difference at the communities we manage, but also in the greater community as well.
PMI is currently looking for a passionate individual to join our team in the Pueblo Colorado as our Occupancy Specialist.
The perfect candidate for this role must be familiar with the affordable housing industry, local, state, federal, and industry standards, including all HUD, Rural Development, and IRS rules and regulations. The candidate must have experience with processing EIV reports, Re-Certifications, Interim Reviews, etc...
Specific Duties Include:
- Manage residents re-certification, rent increases, utility allowance changes, controlled expenses, and tenant satisfaction.
- As required, process residents re-certification; ensure that scheduled re-certifications for LIHTC and Section 8 is completed on time; report to On-site Property Manager on status of re certification monthly and discuss any discrepancies
- Work with the property manager to maintain occupancy level of 97% or better
- Help develop tenant marketing plans for the property-
- Ensure that renting and advertising practices are not discriminatory;
- Implement the resident selection procedure to ensure adherence to the site Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan and Resident Selection Criteria,
- Keep track of tenant applications on the wait list; determine if applicants appear to be income and program eligible; make appointments with prospective tenants; help show available units to prospective tenants.
- Help the On-site Property Manager to enforce the terms of rental or lease agreements and termination-of-lease procedures; collect delinquent accounts promptly; submit outstanding accounts to collections and special billing.
- Prepare all paperwork for the On-site Property Manager for final approval prior to tenants moving in or transferring to different units.
- Update and maintain accurate resident household information; submit required company, governmental, or agency reports in a timely manner.
- Assist the On-site Property Manager in preparation for all site REAC reviews, Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR), Investor Site Reviews, and Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) reviews;
- Candidates should possess a high school diploma Associates Degree preferred
- 3 years related property leasing experience preferred;
- Desirable applicants have completed industry course work in Certified Occupancy Specialist training.
- Qualified candidates should possess a working knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Requirements for federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs; Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation and the new Project Based Voucher program.
- Rural Development 515 and Rental Assistance programs.
- Section 236 Interest Reduction and Section 221-d-3 programs.
- FHA and Risk Share mortgage insurance programs as well as state funded housing programs.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position with a competitive hourly wage
- Paid time off
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance & AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Roth Retirement plan with company match
All Employment offers are contingent upon completion of a background check and drug screen.
Preservation Management, Inc. (PMI), is an affordable housing property management firm headquartered in South Portland, Maine. Founded in 1990, PMI has grown to manage properties in 16 states, to include 90 properties, totaling over 9,000 units. PMI specializes in managing properties that utilize government subsidies and/or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) to provide affordable housing to their residents. PMI prides itself in offering Resident Services Programs tailored to assist residents and their various needs at many of the communities they manage.