Occupational Therapist - PRN
Reliant Rehabilitation – Sarasota, FL
Provide occupational therapy (OT) and related services for patients while maintaining positive levels of interaction with facilities and clients in accordance with the principles and practices of occupational therapy and within Reliant Rehabilitation guidelines. Provide quality patient care including: screening and evaluation of patients, development of initial and ongoing treatment plans of care, discharge plan, supervision of assistants and rehab techs, and case management responsibilities. Maintain professional conduct that represents Reliant Rehabilitations commitment to quality and service in all interactions with clients, including positive levels of interaction and rapport with facilities and clients. Adhere to all state and federal regulations regarding occupational therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimize the functionality and skills of patients by providing, directing, and/or overseeing occupational therapy
- Provide consultation and clinical supervision to COTAs.
- Directly supervise COTAs and Rehab Techs in skilled tasks during group and individual treatment in a manner that promotes efficient and effective utilization of resources and facilitates the ongoing development of clinical skills in accordance with State Practice Acts, Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA), and Reliant Rehabilitation policy.
- Build a strong occupational therapy program
- Enhance clinical expertise, professional and management skills through interaction with managers, therapists and other professional staff, self-study, and other continuing education activities.
- Maintain valid state license. Maintain awareness of issues related to the profession of occupational therapy and the health care environment.
- Understands various relevant payment models related to billing and treatment guidelines, as well as clinically appropriate means/modes of delivery. Provide quality care as well as reasonable goals and outcomes within the guidelines.
- Be compliant with infection control procedures and environmental safety protocol within a facility.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend in English: instructions, correspondence, charts, memos, and reports
- Graduate of an ACOTE accredited school of occupational therapy.
- Computer literate and proficient in clinical documentation
- Basic Internet navigation skills
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid certification from the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Valid Occupational Therapist state license (where applicable)
- complete job description available upon request