As one of the nations leading providers of contract rehabilitation and wellness services, Aegis Therapies applies proven techniques to help individuals move through life to increase their freedom and independence. Aegis has more than 7,500 employees providing short-term and long-term therapy services in over 1,400 locations in 41 states.
Aegis Therapies leverages the power of collaboration to help patients transition seamlessly throughout the care continuum. No matter the setting, we specialize in providing services that adapt to each individuals needs. Our therapists use leading-edge technology and innovation to help restore strength and confidence after illness, injury or surgery. We help individuals return to the activities they love with targeted rehabilitation and wellness services provided in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Explore our open positions today. When you join our team, you will always be a step ahead of the latest technologies and industry standards. At Aegis Therapies, you can build your professional skills and reach your most ambitious goals. Thats what being a true industry leader is all about.
Our settings typically include:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Hospital inpatient rehab units
- Outpatient clinics
- Medically oriented gyms
- Private homes
Performs evaluations and develops effective patient treatment plans to restore, maintain or prevent decline of patient function, by planning and administering medically prescribed therapy treatments in accordance with federal, state and professional standards governing the treatment location.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Meets the patients goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining treatment plans in consultation with physicians, and by prescription. Helps patients accomplish treatment plan and secures necessary supplies and adaptive equipment for patients to facilitate independence
- Administers therapy statements according to a treatment plan approved by the attending physician. Directs treatments given by aides and assistants. Complies with company protocol for patient rounding
- Evaluates effects of therapy treatments by observing, noting and evaluating patients progress; providing medically necessary treatment plan and modifications
- Manage the appropriate therapy minutes for patients based on individual clinical needs; Participates in the Q & A process for rehab related issues. Accuracy in completion of MDS or OASIS items per workflow model
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing patient specific maintenance programs; instructing patients, families and/or caregivers in follow-up maintenance programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines. Records daily treatment charges per corporate procedures. Documentation will be completed using a company furnished hand held electronic device (i.e. Ipad).
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to treatment location infection control policies and protocols and keeping information confidential per company and federal requirements. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with treatment location and department procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures proper operation of equipment by complying with company procedures and following manufacturers instructions
- Provides services in multiple settings (including skilled nursing, assisted living, patient homes, and outpatient) as determined by supervisor and patient/resident need including community based services such as home health and wellness activities as required
- Graduate from Occupational Therapy program
- Current license as a Occupational Therapist in the state of practice
- Must meet Clinical Competency requirements
- Current CPR certification, preferred
- Ability to travel within 50 minutes of your assigned primary building(s) as needed.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and ability to learn company or customer systems
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient, employee and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS
- Mobility, standing, pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, walking, heavy lifting, fine hand coordination, ability to hear, ability to read and write, ability to detect odors, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc.
- Vision (corrected) adequate for reading.
- Intelligible speech and normal language / cognitive skills.
- Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers.*
- Lifting of patients*, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds rarely.
- Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day.
- Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead.
- Must be able to transfer patients.*
- Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients / caregivers.
- Work in a fast-paced clinical environment.
- Weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.
- Several task and job duties involve a risk of exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM).
EEO Statement: Aegis Therapies and its Family of Companies (the Company) is committed to a diverse workforce, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For detailed information on your rights, click here. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-877-858-9013 or via email at [email protected] for assistance. The affirmative action plan will be made available for applicants to review. Please contact the location leader to schedule. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Drug-Free Workplace. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision. Click here: https://www.mycare.com/PublicFile/65f11946-5238-4db3-8dc8-9668ee3e78d6
Work Type: Full Time Category: Occupational Therapy
- Tacoma, WA - Washington