Office Assistant II-Public Safety
Highline Community College – Des Moines, WA
As a member of the Public Safety Department under the Administrative Services Division, the Parking Enforcement Assistant reports to the Associate Director of Public Safety and Emergency Management. This position manages citation and appeal information, provides written communication to appeal requestors, and updates student records with appropriate fine amount. This position will occasionally answer inquiries and provide customer service to customers of the Public Safety office.
- Promotes parking compliance in the college through the management of parking citations and appeal requests;
- Sorts, arranges, tracks and maintains parking citations, appeal requests and other related records, using department prescribed manners and processes;
- Performs detailed clerical and record processing tasks; compiles quarterly and monthly reports; maintains accurate computer database entry of parking citations;
- Sends appeal emails and correspondence on behalf of the Public Safety administration team;
- Uses MS Outlook or other software program to schedule second appeal appointments;
- Updates student records appropriately indicating citation fee amount;
- Reviews and recommends changes to the parking citation and appeal process for higher efficiency;
- Responds to public complaints and inquiries for information related to parking compliance and parking enforcement;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Occasionally uses two-way police mobile radio.
- Ability to learn the Student Management System (SMS) and Financial Management System (FMS).
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students and the public in group and individual settings.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain complex state and federal regulations.
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines in a busy office.
- Proficient computer skills including spreadsheets and Access database software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Demonstrated cultural competency skills and commitment to working with diverse, multicultural, first generation and low income students.
- Commitment to the community college mission
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Excel and Access programs.
Supplemental InformationYour application must include the following attachments in order to be considered complete:
- Current Resume;
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) describing how your skills and abilities relate to this position;