OHO Interactive is a Boston-based digital strategy, creative design, and marketing firm located in Somerville s Davis Square. We offer all the stuff you d expect (excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision) and plenty of other really generous perks.
The Office Operations Manager manages OHO s financial and administrative functions with integrity and efficiency. In addition to taking the lead on entering financial transactions into the accounting system, the Office Operations Manager will develop and maintain a welcoming office environment, and coordinate logistics for all staff meetings and events. The Office Operations Manager will carry out a wide range of activities, including financial data management, reporting, correspondence, and direct contact with our PEO, customers, vendors, and employees.
Accounting and Payroll Responsibilities (65%)
- Using OHO s accounting system Quickbooks, input bills, create journal entries from payroll reports, reconcile credit card statements and bank accounts, and pay bills.
- Monthly revenue and expense recognition.
- Monitor all employees time entries at month end produce time reports.
- Manage relationships with PEO, tax accounting firm, and vendors.
- Manage payroll.
- Create client invoices according to schedule or as requested by project managers.
- Monitor collections for Accounts Receivable and escalate collection problems.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Process employee expense reports.
- Track fixed assets and depreciation.
- Maintain corporate minutes and stock transactions.
- Generate the month-end income statement, balance sheet, profitability reports, and project reports.
- Participate in monthly financial review meetings.
Office Administration Responsibilities (35%)
- Orient new employees, set up their work area, their email, and their phone.
- Greet visitors and create a welcoming office environment.
- Maintain the office technology systems by being the relationship manager for tech support service providers and software and hardware vendors.
- Coordinate all staff meeting logistics including room reservations, transportation, and catering.
- Feeding the office
- Purchase office supplies and equipment.
- Answer the phones and open the mail.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks (or similar system), Google Applications and Excel.
- When technology is unfamiliar, you re adept at learning it.
- Clear communicator, with the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of people in email, on the telephone, and in person.
- You re an organized person.
- You re social: you like knowing who is where, when.
- You re a numbers guru.
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy, errorfree data entry, and accounts that balance.
- The ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines consistently.
- Maintain confidentiality and be discreet with information.
- Experience with services, consulting, or projects business preferred.
OHO Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer