Advanced Accelerator Applications, a Novartis company, is an innovative radiopharmaceutical company developing, producing and commercializing molecular nuclear medicine theragnostics. AAA offers professionals the opportunity to face new challenges and pursue a career in a fast growing, technology driven healthcare company. We are passionate about improving patient health by leading innovation in nuclear medicine. We are looking for people who share our commitment to help us achieve this goal. Advanced Accelerator Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Territory: Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska
The Oncology Account Manager will be responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing a strategic and tactical business plan for their assigned territory, including influencing KOLs and other decision makers. Responsibility will be for the sales of approved products predominately involving NETSPOT and Lutathera within an assigned Geography. The OAM will serve as the key AAA customer contact and is charged with forging long-term business relationships with key decision-makers and influencers throughout the hospital, cancer center, clinic and office. The OAM collaborates with Market Access, Medical Affairs, Sales Leadership, Marketing, Customer Service, Operations and Finance, to develop and execute account centric plans aligned with AAA strategic imperatives. The OAM is required to cover a large geographic territory and concentrate on the most productive and influential centers within their assigned territory. The OAM role is responsible establishing business contracts (PPAs) with accounts for diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceutical products. In addition, the OAM will be responsible for technical training at each account to ensure that end users are suitably training on how to administer AAA products. This position will report to the Regional Sales Manager and will have no direct reports. Significant travel is required including some weekends.
- Meet or exceed sales, targets for all products within the defined geographical area
- Develop and execute all account business plans in collaboration with market access (RAM) and Medical Affairs (MSL) counterparts. Update and refine as needed.
- Facilitate the education of AAA products and services (i.e. full prescribing information, product administration, patient support services, etc.), and customer specific tactics/programs with key stakeholders and decision makers (i.e. Physicians, Technologists, Radiation Safety Officer/Health Physicist, Administration, Nursing, Pharmacy Director, CEO, Program Director, Head of Patient Services, Head of Reimbursement and Patient Assistance, Head of Procurement, Lab Director, etc.) and train end users in the application of AAA products
- Lead contract (PPA) process to signature with AAA contract specialist. Involve and facilitate any discussions between account and Manager/Senior Leadership within assigned region
- Conduct regular business analyses of the local market and assist finance team in reducing outstanding or overdue invoice issues
- Identify, develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Neuro Endocrine Tumor networks in assigned regions, (include in business plan - mapping of key stakeholders and patient flows)
- Leverage knowledge of influential networks & affiliations (i.e. Societies, Patient Advocacy Group, etc.) to realize business objectives.
- Lead the identification of potential AAA NET speakers within the Oncology centers and manage relationship/utilization and any programs in assigned geography. Develop advocates at the Regional Level.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sales Results: Sales against targets for assigned products, Generator utilization, Budget expenditure, Key Account coverage, Training, compliance and activity reporting. Development, teamwork and collaboration. Volume/share growth at the Center/Regional level
- Account Management: Drive effective account planning & management process by identifying key influencers within the account and building relationships at the executive level. Lead the development and implementation of the account plans across area with a cross- functional team approach, sound account strategies and tactics and effective allocation of resources. Generate positive customer feedback.
- Innovation/ Initiative: Work with Marketing team in creating and using existing tools and resources to meet customer needs. Collaborate and communicate across team and organization on strategy, initiatives and implementation
- Local market opportunities: Drive cross-functional alignment on marketing opportunities & initiatives
- Collaboration: Work with Accounts and multiple internal and external stakeholders as necessary for AAA NET portfolio to obtain favorable committee approvals (formulary status is just one of many approvals needed), (and ultimately use) within key accounts.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelors degree (preferably in Life Sciences, or a Business-related discipline) required.
- A minimum of 3 years of hospital/oncology and/or nuclear medicine sales
- Experience working with nuclear medicine is a bonus
- A high degree of understanding of the oncology and/or nuclear medicine community and knowledge of NET products is preferred.
- A strong track record of therapeutic area product knowledge is preferred
ADVANCED ACCELERATOR APPLICATIONS
AAA USA Inc.