Onsite Medical Coder CPC, CRC, CPC-A Part Time
New Horizon Medical – Foxborough, MA
We are looking for the right person to join our coding team. This position is on site only. The position starts out part time but can lead to full time for the right person.
CPC-A welcome we will train!
- Must hold active CPC certification through the AAPC, or AHIMA Certified Coding Specialist
- Billing experience preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of ICD-10-CM and Current Procedural Terminology in addition to medical terminology and anatomy/physiology.
- Must have assertive communication skills and the ability to deal with others using tact and diplomacy.
- Computer skills and ability to utilize Microsoft Excel and Word are also required.
High Lights of Position
- Assigns ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) procedure and service level codes to patient encounters.
- Reviews medical record documentation to ensure appropriate coding and billing of physician and non-physician patient services.
- Exchange information between team members, physicians and other clinical staff and tactfully discuss quality issues
- Ability to resolve problems in professional manner
- Analyze medical records and coding guidelines, extract data, identify areas for quality improvement and verify compliance with all regulations. Ability to independent judgment, but communicate to superiors in a timely fashion
This job is 28 hours weekly and can lead to a full-time position.
Entry Level Certified Coders welcome.
We are looking for the right person to grow with us!
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Foxborough, MA 02035 (Preferred)
- CPC, CRC, CPC-A (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
Overtime often available: