Overview WE BRING THE WOW!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A WOW MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement and every detail in between we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Videos: Wow I Didnt Know GES Did That: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mh6q13ji8Hw Epic Events by GES: https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOfYAWqTqa8 Ultimate Retail Experiences: https://www.youtube.com/embed/tKx3SKwPWKA
Linkedin: Life at GES U.S.
Coordinate and develop all operational aspects of all Show-Site operations, which are inclusive of Freight, Logistics and Decorating. Delivery of the highest level of customer service in the most efficient manner possible. Reports directly to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Coordinate and develop all operational aspects of Show-Site operations
- Understands and works in lateral work streams
- Lead Accounts (Level Owner, Hall Owner, Event Owner)
- Fulfill roll in Show Planning process as required on assigned shows
- Manages to provided Key Performance Indicators
- Adhere to all Business Standard Operating Procedures
- Exhibit a basic understanding of all lines of business required for production of event or show.
- Develop fully integrated implementation plans for assigned show portfolio to ensure planned labor and show margins are met or exceeded
- Manage people and assets for all assigned show, or assigned area on show to ensure direct costs are at or below plan
- Ensure proper billing practices and proper documentation of materials, labor, and rental equipment is performed to ensure accurate invoicing for the purposes of capturing all revenue
- In conjunction with Senior Operations Manager, review all labor calls and staffing plans on assigned shows to ensure they are fact based and in alignment with the Implementation Plan, the show budget, and service requirement
- Manage the labor and productivity tracking and reporting process. Assist in show labor analysis.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of grievances and disciplinary actions
- Manage the compliance requirements for OSHA, DOT and Safety Requirements, and manage teams to perform in accordance with all regulatory requirements
- Understand Management Rights and Manage to the agreed upon Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary of the position
- College Degree preferred
- Required three (3) to seven (7) years in an operational environment, experience which was inclusive of management/supervisory functions. (hire, fire, discipline, coach, train and develop talent)
- Experience reading floor plans, and construction drawings and use of CAD and Adobe experience preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Prefer LEAN Six Sigma project experience or other form of continuous improvement experience for operational processes
- Must demonstrate ability to interface with individuals in a supervisory capacity as well as have the ability to comfortably interface with customers and senior level managers
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic financial and computer skills
- Must have:
- Team player
- Adaptability & Composure
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Customer Service Orientated
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Encourages and Demonstrates Collaboration
- Strategic Planning
- Influences Others without Formal Authority
- Requires ability to adapt to multiple settings and shifting responsibilities
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Opportunity to work nights, weekends and at showsite
- Position may require long hours during several months of the year. Position may require long hours during several months of the year. Typically performs work on the event floor, in noisy and crowded areas
- Frequently encounters uncomfortable temperatures, dust and/or other conditions
- Requires working both alone and with others in a team atmosphere
- Requires working with union and non-union employees
Benefits: Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Performance Bonus
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Career development program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
- Charitable Gift Matching
And much more