At Orkin, our purpose is to help protect the world where we live, work and play.
Our General Managers are exceptional experienced leaders, devoted to this purpose.
Orkin, the leader in the pest control industry, is seeking an experienced, dynamic General Manager who understands that a HIGH PERFORMANCE CULTURE of revenue growth, profitability and customer satisfaction, is dependent upon a healthy employee culture. If you love leading others, running a business and serving your community, then you will want to be a part of our Winning Tradition. You will learn our industry during your six nine months of training and lead a team whose passion is to deliver exceptional service and expertise for families and businesses alike.
We have a GREAT story to tell and we will provide you the opportunity to lead others and GROW YOUR CAREER and doing what experienced leaders do BEST - expand their teams career growth.
The successful General Manager Candidate will possess the following abilities and will be responsible for:
- Assuming leadership of an entire operation upon completion of training
- Exceptional People Development skills, with a proven track record of leadership development of others, to include field evaluations, addressing coaching opportunities and training
- Inspirational leadership skills, with experience in delivering customer retention results, with development of a motivated team dedicated to improvement of Customer Service and Retention, through continual training, and follow through on our commitment
- Dynamic Sales Leadership skills, with a background of successful revenue generation and growth, through motivation and holding teams accountable for results, and daily check in of activities
- Superior Operational leadership skills, with experience in managing a Profit and Loss (P&L) statement and strategically investing in growth with balancing expense margins
- High Level of Recognizing and Developing Talent, when recruiting, selecting and training, of all sales, service and customer service staff, including management
- Ability to relocate to an open location within the region after six nine months of training required
- Competitive compensation package with upward earnings potential
- A company vehicle after completion of the leadership program and branch assignment
- Industry leading, comprehensive paid training programs
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, maternity & life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match, employee stock purchase plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, dependent scholarship awards
- Founded in 1901, Orkin is a global residential and business service provider who provides the most accurate, comprehensive, and efficient pest management services for both residential and commercial customers
- As the industry leader, we value PEOPLE, PROGRESS and PROFESSIONALISM
- The Pest Management Industry is growing and is a recession resistant line of business
- Orkin is financially stable and growing as the largest subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., (NYSE: ROL), headquartered in Atlanta, GA
Are you ready to take your CAREER to the next level?
Requirements: We require a good driving record and the ability to pass a drug screen. Candidates must meet physical job requirements and safely perform the following job duties with or without accommodations:
- Safely use a ladder within the manufacturer s weight capacity
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Safely access crawl spaces, attics, confined spaces, roof tops, etc.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions
Additional context: competitive earnings, career, regional, region, management, military, leadership development program, operations leadership, manager trainee, general manager, service, construction, lawn, route, field, delivery, uniform, warehouse, retail, restaurant, hotel, hospitality, management trainee
- 5 - 8 years: P&L responsibility experience and an acute understanding of expense control strategies
- 5 - 8 years: Proven ability to achieve profitable growth
- 5 - 8 years: Demonstrated customer relations experience
- 5 - 8 years: Mentoring, coaching, motivating and training
- 5 - 8 years: Operations or sales management experience with a results-driven company
- 2 - 5 years: Route-oriented service industry or recurring revenue business experience
- 2 - 5 years: Sales experience and/or sales management experience
- Bachelor of Business Admin or better in Management or related field
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solving Ability
- Customer Service
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.