Operations Program Manager, ARVR Product Operations
Facebook – Menlo Park, CA
Facebook s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities we re just getting started. The Operations Program Manager will be the Single Threaded Leader (STL) for their program and will be the primary Operations interface to the core product development teams and other functional organizations within AR\VR. It is the responsibility of the STL to keep the Operations team updated on program developments that may impact Operations and to keep the Core Team integrated with the work of the Operations team. STLs must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets and key Operations KPIs. The STL will own their program from early architecture through program launch. This role requires close collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Industrial Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other Operations teams to bring an Operational mindset to product development. The STL will also own all Operational aspects of product launch including capex budgeting, factory readiness and weekly New Product Review meetings with Leadership. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses, analyzes, consolidates, and communicates risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Actively participate in HW Engineering design discussions and steer solutions to align with market fit/expectations while hitting aggressive cost targets.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering and the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product and commodity level for your project.
- Challenge HW teams at a technical level to run DOEs to enable cost down efforts from a technology standpoint.
- Ensure the successful launch products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals.
- Lead ramp availability with GSM, Quality, Engineering and other internal and external teams.
- Drive Operations team to ensure security, materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place at our partners.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators and Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture and design locks and according to PDP timeline.
- Work in tandem with Product Cost Manager to drive aggressive product cost targets and track product cost through development.
- Drive Operations team for factory readiness with manufacturing partners to support NPI builds and MP (line layout, automation, capacity, capex, etc.).
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with Contract Manufacturing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management and teamwork experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical and communication experience
- 10+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics products, managing JDMs with different models of engagement
- Background in consumer electronics
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]