Operations Support Specialist I
Western Alliance Bank – Chandler, AZ
Overview The position of Operations Support Specialist I is responsible for performing bank operational back office duties for Alliance Association Bank, a division of Western Alliance Bank. The Operations Support Specialist I is responsible for the daily inquiries regarding processing and posting of payments. Including providing assistance to users over the phone regarding making online payments. The Operations Support Specialist I interacts with various bank personnel to communicate, coordinate and resolve concerns with daily Operations Support work processed. Responsibilities
- Responsible for answering and directing incoming customer and homeowner calls, assisting with technical support regarding the online payment website and researching payments.
- Responsible for responding to customer complaints related to payment processing received via the website or by phone.
- Responsible for daily processing of a variety of technical back office banking functions in support of overall bank and branch operations. Activities may include but not limited to:
o NSF and Return Deposit items
o Remote Deposit Capture Review
o Lockbox Payment Processing
- Identifies and completes corrections for incorrectly posted transactions to customer/bank accounts.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person; exhibits the necessary follow through.
- Learns duties of Operations Specialist II position and backs up others as needed.
- Processes ACH Payments by ensuring documents received are complete and accurate, create scheduled payments and perform audit on payment entries.
- Operations Support Specialist I requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one (1) years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial institution cash handling and/or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related. Familiarity with working on various computer programs is required.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required
- Preferred working knowledge in NACHA and ACH
- Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies
- Basic skills in and familiarity with computers. Work involves being proficient at using our in house created computer programs, mainframe computer (FIS) system; word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CFI DepositPro, etc.).
- Flexible to work occasional overtime and certain FED processing holidays as needed.