Conduent is the world s largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it s digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com .
Conduent is seeking an experienced hands on Oracle Golden Gate Database Administrator (DBA) as part of the dedicated support/architecture team, the candidate will be responsible for architecting business requirements using Golden Gate, and other HA offerings, document and administer database and application systems (e.g. Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Application Server), and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Windows or Linux/UNIX operating systems. Experience with 11g, 12c Oracle databases and Golden Gate 12.x
This position will be located at a Conduent site in Germantown, MD, Cary, NC, or Austin, TX .
Job Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Architecting solutions to meet/exceed business availability and continuity requirements
- Creating detailed product Road Maps
- Installation and configuration of Golden Gate for database replication and ETL needs
- Expert in configuring Uni/Bi/Multi directional replication
- Expert in troubleshooting and performance tuning of product and databases in use.
- Knowledge of Operating systems and Database version nuisances with regards to Golden Gate product
- Expert in configuring replication between Oracle and MS SQL Server/MySQL databases
- Configuring monitors to meet business metrics using scripting and OEM
- Review, Tune, and Improve Existing Oracle CDC-based Data Warehouse Systems
- Convert Oracle CDC-based Change Capture into Oracle Golden Gate Change Capture
- Develop and Support Data Warehouse ETL and Data Mart Operations
- Support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
- Participate in team meetings and training as required
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
- Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
- Strong scripting experience utilizing Python, Perl and Unix Shell
- Experience with Aix, Solaris, Linux, and Windows environments
Required Experience, Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years experience with Oracle Database Maximum Availability Architecture
- 5+ years hands-on experience in requirements gathering and architecting solutions utilizing Oracle HA solutions
- Hands on Golden Gate experience
- Experience with high availability and failover concepts and implementation
- Strong understanding in PL/SQL and SQL and able to write SQL query
- Must have PCI and other security compliance standards
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Employment contingent upon successful completion of background/fingerprinting
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Conduent Business Services or one of its subsidiaries may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to [email protected]