The Urban Electric Co. – North Charleston, SC
Who We Are: At The Urban Electric Co., we make it our mission to recruit and retain highly skilled and passionate individuals. Because we have a genuine respect for the talents and story of every member of our team, our culture attracts a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds to compose an eclectic and fun atmosphere. Each of our companys products is bench-made and hand-finished at our 120,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Charleston, which houses the talented engineers, sales and marketing professionals, designers, and craftsmen who make up our team. We pride ourselves on manufacturing processes that secure the growth and sustainability of artisanal craft for the future by using modern techniques that enhance and refine the hand-build approach as opposed to replacing it. Who You Are: As an Order Specialist, you will maintain impeccable client relations and effectively handle all aspects of the clients order experience in a timely and professional manner. Your position will play a critical role within the Sales/Service/Marketing Team and you will be tasked with delivering transformational client service to guarantee return business and customer loyalty. You will be responsible for order management after entry and extending through the lifetime of a light fixture. This includes finalization of fixture details, facilitating mid-production changes, providing status updates, coordinating special shipping requests, managing field service appointments and handling warranty issues once received. You will be uniquely positioned to respond to client warranty issues in the field by deploying a FLEET service team of master craftsmen to the jobsite or residence when necessary to assist with installation, trouble shooting and repairs, and general maintenance. A Day in the Life:
- Sales Tasks:
- Work with Sales Coordinator on new orders relating to specific territory and become main point of contact for client once an order is entered by Sales
- Strive to develop strong personal relationships with each client to understand individual needs, expectations, and overall disposition as it relates to each order
- Assist as necessary with greeting company visitors in a professional and friendly manner whether in person or on the phone
- Respond to all emails within 24 business hours
- Confirm tax status and process Resale Certificates when presented mid-order
- Client reach out for final payments to facilitate on-time shipping
- Process refunds on orders
- Client Services Tasks:
- Gather pertinent information surrounding Clients Order installation dates, details of project (event, residence, commercial property, new construction), limitations on due date, delivery preferences - and keep accurate records of all client interaction
- Facilitate all order changes, update database, handle recalculation of shipping and tax
- Monitor periodic order check points during production process, communicate with client regarding delays or changes to delivery date
- Utilize lead times to pro-actively communicate with clients frequently, anticipating potential issues or problems, and troubleshooting them in advance
- Understand client history as it relates to prior RAs, shipping issues, delayed orders, to better serve client on current order
- Warranty Tasks:
- Evaluate fixture issues in the field by partnering with warranty specialists to schedule onsite visits, identify root cause, enter and follow-up on Rework/Return Authorizations
- Provide clients with solutions to warranty issues with urgency in a manner that favors the benefit of the client
- Acquire strong understanding of products on order including comprehension of print sets, installation instructions, final work instructions, finish & glass options, and any custom capabilities included with orders
- Collaborate with internal Production & Engineering teams to solve trending issues by providing thorough details and utilizing reporting tools in place
What Will Set You Up for Success:
- A Bachelors degree is preferred.
- 2-3 years prior experience in a client facing role.
- Strong computer and internet skills including programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding solutions. You dont get flustered easily. If you dont know the answer, youll dig until you find it.
- You pay attention to the details. As far as youre concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak eloquently.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. Youre going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference. Our motto Always Proud, Never Satisfied resonates with you!
- You are a trustworthy individual who can handle and protect confidential information
- You re a star at multi-tasking and managing multiple on-going projects at once.
Some Benefits & Perks of Working at The Urban Electric Co.
- Medical & dental insurance with employer contributions
- 401(k) savings plan with employer match
- Paid parental leave for new moms and dads
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- A company-wide health & wellness initiative
- An on-site barista with complimentary drinks and snacks
- Robust training program with room for growth and merit based advancement