Position Objective: This position is located in the Office of the Dean for Educational Policy at a federal client site. The Outreach and Educational Technology Research Assistant reports to the Outreach and Educational Technology Coordinators. The Research Assistant provides support for client projects related to the areas of outreach, communications and public affairs, and educational technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Outreach team to expand and organize client contacts and contact management database and support electronic and in-person engagement with client stakeholders and partners.
- Uses technology and relevant software to produce outreach materials such as presentations, flyers, newsletters, infographics, handouts, etc. as requested.
- As requested or on own initiative, makes careful and exhaustive searches for information that is difficult to obtain, compiles information, and makes preliminary analysis.
- Initiate contact and organize appointments with potential vendors as needed
- Supports organization of outreach related documents, budgets and files.
- Establishes and maintains project and event- specific documentation, electronic and hard copy that are needed to assist in the efficient operation of the outreach team.
- Contributes to strategic planning for both programs including distilling bureau goals and incorporating budgeting concerns; contribute to formation of program budget by conducting cost estimates in areas of program need and making recommendations
- Initiates contacts and organize appointments with potential vendors as needed.
- Provides support to the client Educational Technology portfolio through researching products in the field and obtaining related literature and statistics to support current and future technologies at the client site.
- Supports event planning and logistics for client-wide professional development educational technology programs; duties include performing market research to identify relevant and impactful training, liaising with the instructors to tailor content to best fit audience context, coordinating resources, providing event support, designing and administering end-of-training surveys and analyzing collected data for program improvement.
- Provides complex and routine administrative support for the Outreach Team and Educational Technology Teams such as scheduling meetings, coordinating resources, compiling and disseminating information, drafting memos, meeting notes, summaries, emails or other communications with key stakeholders drafting flyers and invitational memorandums, distributing and collecting administrative documents associated with professional development programs.
- Posts and curates resources and other documentation on the client SharePoint, intranet and website as requested and ensure materials are up to date.
Working as a member of the administrative support team, coordinates with other Deans Office staff to achieve seamless and professional support for the programs in the Office of the Dean for Educational Policy. Provides backup support to the Curriculum & Evaluation and Regional Training Research Assistants and the Directors Office Staff Assistant, including assistance at events hosted by the Directors Office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Program Support
- Contact Management
- Graphic Design/Layout support
- Project-specific research and data analysis
- Workshop support
- SharePoint/website maintenance suppor
- High School Diploma
- Three years of experience in a related field
- Secret clearance
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred
- SharePoint experience strongly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and electronically
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong digital literacy skills
- Previous work experience related to communications, outreach or public affairs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of competence and with great attention to detail.
- Proactive and diligent work ethic
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience using Microsoft Publisher, Adobe InDesign or other design software in a professional setting
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CTRMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.