At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
Position Summary: Performs standard level paraprofessional legal work assisting attorneys with full range of legal support, such as, research, analysis, drafting various legal documents, and providing full range standard level paralegal assistance, as well as office support work.
- Assembles and prepares documentation and/or exhibits based on materials developed during investigatory and discovery stages. Prepares witness binders and trial notebooks and/or exhibits for deposition, mediation, hearing and trial.
- Provides immediate research and document retrieval when called upon, which includes, gathering analyzing, and researching data such as statutes, decisions, legal articles, codes and regulations.
- Assists with investigation of facts and assists in case preparation.
- Assists in setting up case files, prepares requests and obtains necessary documentation.
- Identifies a need for and knows where or how to gather information and organizes and maintains information and/or information management systems.
- Prepares drafts of position statements, mediation statements, affidavits, motions, investigation questions, and other documents requiring knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules of Evidence, legal format, terminology and procedures.
- Files and tracks claims, lawsuits, subpoenas and other matters.
- Compiles information and generates reports and/or organizes information into tables, charts, PowerPoint or graphs.
- Oversees collection of information and response to third party subpoenas seeking employee information.
- Active management and oversight of discovery for assigned labor and employment litigation, partnering with outside counsel to minimize total reliance on outside counsel during discovery.
- Enters data in matter management system and keeps up to date.
- Processes expense reports, makes travel arrangements, sets up and reschedules meetings, maintains calendars, and notarizes documents.
- Orders supplies and materials, prepares purchase requisitions, and maintains inventory records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Daily and punctual attendance in the office is required.
- Minimal travel required.
- High School Diploma or possession of a GED Certificate. (Required)
- Possession of Paralegal Certification/Degree from an accredited program. (Required)
- 2 years of full-time paralegal experience, not including internships. (Required)
- In-house labor and employment paralegal experience. (Preferable)
- Skilled in utilizing computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, document management, electronic mail and database programs.
- Knowledge of legal research techniques and civil procedures sufficient to be able to determine relevant information, locate reference material, compile and analyze appropriate information and formulate logical recommendations.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace. Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Englewood Job Posting: Jun 20, 2019, 7:33:26 AM