12 Oaks Senior Living – Plano, TX
The Dishwasher ensures a proper supply of clean dishware, utensils, and glassware for meal services and special events and cleans all cooking utensils, pots, and pans for the kitchen staff. In addition, the Dishwasher may help with other related duties in the kitchen, such as cleaning and maintaining the floors and removing the trash as needed or directed.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience in a food service setting, preferably in an assisted living community. He or she must have the physical ability to perform all aspects of this job (lifting, standing, bending, etc.), must be reliable and trustworthy, and must pay attention to detail and take pride in his or her work.
This part-time position consists of 16-20 hours per pay period.
- Ensures a proper supply of clean dishware, utensils, and glassware to stock the dining areas and set tables
- Ensures a proper supply of clean pots, pans, and cooking/serving utensils are available for kitchen staff
- Cleans work areas and all equipment used in food preparation
- Follows safety and sanitation rules and practices
- May help bus and set tables and perform other cleaning duties as required (cleaning kitchen and floors, removing trash, etc.)
- Attends required team meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- At least one year of experience in an assisted living community preferred
- Knowledge of general sanitary and safety practices
- Safety and customer service oriented
- Reliable and dependable
- Able to follow spoken and written instructions
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- Able to work a flexible schedule, which may include working days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be free of communicable disease
- Must be able to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Limited Benefits for this part time position