Do you love dogs? Do you like to be physically active? If so, turn that into an opportunity to earn extra income!
Get paid $15.00 per hour to walk dogs in an apartment community.
This is a part-time opportunity not an independent contractor role. You will be paid hourly for all hours worked. In addition, our part time associates are eligible for benefits such as: tuition reimbursement, associate referral bonus program, perks discount program, and recognition program.
We provide all the necessary training, which by the way, is fully paid!
Who we are: We are the leading amenities service provider in the multifamily industry servicing over one million apartment homes in over 38 states.
So, what are you waiting for? Put your love for dogs to work for you and get paid to get fit!
Heres the scoop on job-related details:
- Provide exemplary customer service to residents including their furry four-legged friends
- Deliver memorable interactions with all residents by being friendly, answering questions and being helpful
- Handle dogs and cats of varying sizes and breeds and deliver an exceptional dog walking experience with plenty of love and attention
- Walk dogs on a leash outdoors rain or shine (anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 minutes at a time)
- Ensure safety of the dog resident and those around them (human and dogs) when being exercised and socialized during the walk
- Allow dogs to relieve themselves during the walk and remove and discard pet waste
- Communicate to dog owners with a status update and photo of their pet after each walk
- Record which dog was walked, how long the walks were, anything abnormal observed during the walk
- Understand special requests and conditions of the residents furry four-legged friend
- Keep concierge suite clean and organized when picking up and dropping off pet walking supplies
- Other duties within the apartment community may be assigned
What we are looking for:
- Must be available to work a schedule within our hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 8:00 pm & Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Must have a commitment to service excellence with a friendly and positive attitude
- Must display excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have experience as a dog owner
- Must love dogs with an understanding and willingness to learn about their care
- Comfortable with dogs of all shapes, sizes and temperaments
- Excellent ability to read dog body language, behaviors and be familiar with basic dog commands
- Enjoys working outside and being physically active
- Able to keep up with the physical demands of being on your feet and walking for much of the day
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Able to walk with inclement weather (rain, snow, cold, or heat wave, we walk through it all)
- Attention to detail and quality
- Ability to take direction, be reliable, work productively on ones own and adhere to a schedule
- Own an iPhone with IOS 9 or newer or Android 6 or newer & comfortable with downloading and using mobile apps
- Wants to be part of a fun and growing company
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or GED required
- Our associates interact with pet owners therefore 2+ years of customer service/ hospitality experience is preferred in this role
- Experience in a veterinary hospital, pet grooming or pet boarding business is a plus
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Required)
- Driver s License (Required)