Patient Experience Representative (E.D. Wknds + 1 week day 3-11:30p)
Boston Children\'s Hospital – Boston, MA
At Boston Childrens Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. Its in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Emergency Medicine team and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.This Patient Experience Representative will be responsible for:
To qualify, you must have:
- Providing positive and effective customer service that supports departmental and hospital operations.
- Scheduling patient encounters and procedures to coordinate within and across providers, departments, and institutions.
- Answering, screening and routing telephone calls. Recording and forwarding messages and triaging calls for urgent information or services. Responding to requests for routine information or assisting within scope of knowledge and authority. Initiating calls for emergency services as required.
- Collaborating and communicating with referring providers and practices to facilitate management of complex patient issues.
- Greeting and directing patients, families and visitors.
- Monitoring daily schedule and patient flow to optimize resource utilization and patient experience.
- Communicating with clinicians and/or supervisors and routing patients/visitors to maintain efficient patient/visitor flow.
- Serving as a liaison with Engineering, ESD, Biomedical Engineering, and Materials Management to resolve equipment, supply, cleaning and safety issues ; Following through on identified problems. Collecting and organizing medical records, information, materials and supplies required for admissions or encounters. Preparing requisitions and other standard forms as requested by clinician or supervisor.
- Verifying, recording and processing patient demographics, insurance/payment and referral information for patient encounters. Collecting all necessary clinical documentation and information.
- Collecting, compiling and forwarding related documentation for reimbursement.
- Reconciling payments and preparing deposits providing an accurate accounting of funds. Providing an accurate record of transactions in the Hospital systems. Facilitating and directing communication with Financial Counseling.
- Transcribing types and proofreads correspondence, forms, reports, manuscripts and other materials involving complex scientific, technical and/or specialized terminology. Preparing documents using specialized commercial software, such as desktop publishing or graphics packages.
** This position is scheduled from 3:00pm 11:30pm every weekend; one week day evening; and holidays 6:00pm 10:00pm. **
- A high school level of educational development and one to two years of previous experience such as customer service, administrative, or experience in a health care setting.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment and balance competing priorities.
Boston Childrens Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Childrens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.