Patient Experience Specialist
Reproductive Partners Fertility Center - San Diego – La Jolla, CA
Patient Experience Specialist
The Patient Experience Specialist (PES) is responsible for increasing RPSDs billable revenue by leading new patient customer services through the intake of new patient calls, responding to Internet inquiries using telephone and email, placing follow-up appointment calls and seminar respondent inquiries, customer service queries, and general information requests. In addition, he/she will assist the Marketing Development Manager with specific marketing initiatives and projects.
- Receives all incoming phone calls for initial consults and schedules new patient appointments using computerized scheduling standard operating procedure.
- Schedules new patient appointments from phone inquiries, internet appointment requests, informational seminar requests, and other tracking tools.
- Answers new patient inquiries about the practice, clinical services, and financial services by utilizing broad-based knowledge of practice by department.
- Assesses new patient information needs and distributes new patient information packets.
- Places follow-up calls with patients post initial consultation to track current patient status.
- Acts as a role model by demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
- Assures customers are greeted with prompt attention and a caring attitude.
- Treats all customers, both internal and external with respect, dignity and caring
- Provides as much information as possible to involve customers in their treatment
- Generates timely weekly computerized PRM (SalesForce.com) and submits/presents monthly marketing results for review and approval.
- Maintains an up-to-date database of referring clinicians including the number of patient referrals.
- Contributes to team effort by maintaining an excellent rapport and working relationship between clinical services and other departments within the practice.
- Handles complaints (both internal and external) ensuring proper and timely resolution.
- Support the department with the use of Salesforce and CRM programs.
- Understands position is the first impression of the practice and an example of the care the caller will receive.
- Overcomes obstacles and assists all patients as needed.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends based on patient needs.
- Assists in website efforts including social media posts and related
- Assists in all print production assuring both quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Maintains inventory of all marketing collateral and ordering of printed material from the vendor.
- Assists in the organization and execution of patient education seminars.
- Maintains an annual schedule to effectively reach all target geographies, and maximize exposure of RPSD and RPSD physicians. Participates in new patient seminars.
- Shares responsibility for SalesForce database management, focused on input and outputs, including entering refer by field in Salesforce to capture ROI for marketing activities for accuracy and integrity.
- Participates in weekly marketing meetings.
- Assists with annual physician holiday gifts and cards.
- Assists with the execution of patient seminars, which includes: create e-mailing lists, creating the email blast, creating/ordering seminar flyers, tracking patient revenue generated from patient seminars.
Skills & Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree along with a minimum of two years call center and administrative experience.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Knowledge of medical software a plus.
- CRM experience preferred with SalesForce.com experience a plus. Computer literate and proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of office procedures and office machines (i.e. computer, fax, copier, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated abilities to demonstrate good judgment, remain calm under stress and communicate accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining an excellent rapport with physicians, liaisons, managers, corporate team and all other departments involved.
- Flexible work schedule, some overtime.
- Applicant must live within the geographic territory.
Salary & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and consists of hourly base pay.
- Full benefits including health care, paid time off, 401k.
- Positive work environment working directly, daily with world-renowned doctors, staff, and external partners at one of the top IVF practices in Southern California.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts