You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Patient Service Representative.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.Us.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado and Montana, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.We.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.Your day.
As a PSR you need to know how to:
- Greet patients. Answer phones, take messages, return calls and provide needed information, while documenting all phone calls accurately and completely in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Schedule patient appointments for visits, procedures, diagnostic tests, referrals and/or consultations.
- Register patients. Confirm, enter, and/or update all required demographic data on patient and guarantor on registration system. Follow procedures when identifying patients.
- Obtain copies of insurance card(s), forms of ID, and signature(s) on all required forms. Verify information on appropriate accounts to determine insurance coordination of benefits, pre-certification/prior-authorization. Complete the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire when applicable. Verify insurance to determine coordination of benefits and obtain authorization and/or referrals as required. Screen for non-covered services and waiver of liability (ABN) through automated screening at time of service.
- Inform self-pay patients of liability due and prepayment requirements. Prepare estimate of procedures, calculate advance payment requirements on previous or bad debt and current balances. Refer potentially eligible patients to financial counseling and/or contract eligibility vendor(s). Refer complex or non-compliant patient financial issues to Clinic Manager or Revenue Service Center.
- Collect patient payments and provide accurate receipt. Post payments in system. Reconcile receipts with cash collected and complete required balancing forms. Document patient account notes for all interactions/transactions.
- Maintain department and/or individual work queues and reports as required.
- Prepare medical records for patient appointments by compiling information from various sources to include authorizations and non-Epic documentation. Accurately scan medical records as required for Medical Group or specialty office.
- Promote mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abide by service behavior standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- At least one (1) year of customer service experience, preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience in a medical or related field, preferred
Your next move.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred
Now that you know more about being a PSR on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.