Whats the opportunity?
The Auditor is responsible for reviewing problem invoices for the Company to ensure accurate billing. Must identify, research, and resolve issues on all problematic invoices for an assigned book of vendor (carrier) accounts, with emphasis on minimizing negative financial impact to the company. Performs moderately complex routine and non-routine analysis to determine applicable contractual rates/rules to prevent missed revenue opportunities, research and resolve invoice disputes, and resolve overbilling issues. Provides proper communication of audit results with the Customer Billing, Freight Brokerage, and Carrier Solutions teams and/or carrier employees so that carriers and external/internal customers may be messaged appropriately. Upon gathering all pertinent information, makes any necessary changes in the accounts payable and billing systems to finalize resolution.
What will you be doing?
- Review of invoices in various queues to identify source of billing issues. Then troubleshoots internal systems and carrier documentation to research, substantiate, and resolve these invoice discrepancies. Must possess a strong mental aptitude to quickly acquire an in-depth understanding of numerous internal applications/processes, thorough knowledge of all assigned carriers contracts, pricing methodologies, and rules tariffs, along with a firm grasp of the transportation industry in general so that the root cause(s) of discrepancy items can be quickly identified. The position consistently executes a high volume of transactions, while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communicates any issues with all stakeholders. May involve negotiating with carriers to resolve discrepancies, or discussions with internal Carrier Solutions, Freight Brokerage, and Customer Billing employees to identify appropriate course of action required for resolution and to educate all parties involved to prevent a recurrence.
- Makes updates in the accounts payable and billing systems to ensure accurate carrier payment and customer invoice amounts.
- Researches carrier contracts and rules tariffs to resolve pricing disputes
- Ensures proper receipt of funds owed by carriers due to won disputes, claims, etc. This is accomplished through negotiating the reimbursement method with the appropriate party and validating the reimbursement amount, and could include deducting a balance from other carrier invoices.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor s degree in Business or related field required.
- No experience required. 1 - 2 years of experience in Accounting, Finance, or Auditing position is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Diplomatic and tactful in communicating with others.
- Ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Ability to follow up on unresolved issues and to solve problems.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrates initiative and sound judgement in performing job.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills to make informed decisions in order to resolve routine and non-routine issues promptly and accurately
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K with company match, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
Freightquote is a freight service provider that offers powerful yet easy-to-use online shipping tools, as well as a full-service team of highly responsive freight experts that deliver convenient, one-stop shopping for LTL, truckload, consolidated, and intermodal freight. Freightquote provides customers with streamlined and efficient capabilities to compare competitive rates from multiple contract carriers, book and track shipments, and receive dedicated customer service. As a company of C.H. Robinson, Freightquotes stability and resources are strengthened by being part of one of the worlds leading 3PLs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Freightquote - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran