Founded in 2015, Instabase s mission is to advance the state of the art by building tools that help people solve important problems, make discoveries, and create new breakthroughs.
Instabase is an operating system designed for operational efficiency. It uses the web browser as the user interface, a pluggable storage system for managing data (files and databases), and an app store for applications. These applications run on the Instabase Platform, which provides the core management capabilities for managing diverse, distributed datasets; support for collaboration and access control; and a runtime for Instabase Applications.
The applications include state of the art tools for  processing a diverse set of unstructured data (scanned images, PDFs, word/excel documents, emails, websites, etc.),  running extensible functions with a server-less framework,  machine learning (natural language processing, image processing, classification, clustering, etc.), and  data science.
Our customers include large enterprises with huge operational costs in a variety of domains, such as financial services (e.g. banks, insurance), healthcare, logistics/supply chain.
As a non-profit initiative, Instabase provides a hosted IPython-style notebook for education, which is widely used by universities (Stanford, MIT, Columbia, University of Chicago, etc.), for teaching classes. The Stanford Dean of Engineering Jennifer Widom used Instabase as the platform for her 2016-17 Instructional Odyssey, a year-long sabbatical in which she traveled the world offering free short courses in data and design.Description:
As a People Operations Lead at Instabase, you will be our first People Operations (HR) hire and help us build the foundation of this team. Critical aspects of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations.
- Administer employee compensation, training, and benefit programs.
- Provide an opportunity to clearly communicate the company direction and inform employees how they fit into the big picture.
- Prepare or update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval
- Handling immigration issues
- Address any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Responsible for governance/ethics/sustainability in your organization:
- Partner with our leadership to build out a sustainable organization structure.
- Bachelor s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in a People Operations/HR function
- At least a couple years of experience taking ownership of an HR department (i.e. benefits, immigration, employee relations, etc).
- Startup experience
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Instabase does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.