Per Diem RN - Primary Care
Cambridge Health Alliance – East Cambridge, MA
- CHA East Cambridge Care Center has an opening for a per-diem RN. This position will provide clinical support for a practice focusing on customer satisfaction and teamwork. Ambulatory care nurses use the nursing process to perform a problem-focused assessment of the patient s primary concerns in the clinic or telephone setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:1. Conducts a patient centered assessment utilizing appropriate assessment techniques r/t ambulatory nursing.
2. Synthesizes available data, information and nursing knowledge relevant to the presenting health situation to identify unique medical/nursing needs and implements appropriate interventions for age specific categories.
3. Competently utilizes competent, evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communications.
4. Provides age-appropriate care in a compassionate, caring, culturally, and ethnically sensitive manner.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of the interdisciplinary plan of care that identifies strategies tailored to achieve expected outcomes.
6. Documentation meets CHA, professional, and accreditation standards to facilitate communication of the patient condition in the provision and coordination of treatment and services.
7. Using CHA approved protocols for telephone triage, the ambulatory care nurse determines the urgency and disposition based on data in order to expedite care and provide tailored health information and advice to the patient/family.
8. Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice setting and across health care settings.
9. Delegates appropriate interventions to ambulatory care team based on their demonstrated competency, state practice acts, available evidence-based guidelines, regulatory and governmental standards, and organizational policies and defined outcome measures.
10. Adheres to position descriptions, policies, protocols, and procedures related to nursing professional practice.
11. Serves as a point of contact for coordination of care across multiple agencies and/or health care organizations.
12. Employs strategies that promote the health/wellness of individuals/families and populations.
13. Supports the patient and their caregiver in developing skills for self-efficacy to promote, maintain, or restore health, such as health lifestyle tips, risk-reducing behaviors, age and developmental needs, daily living activities, and preventive care.
14. Contributes to data collection that monitors ambulatory care nursing and organizational performance.
15. Integrates into practice the findings of quality of care and performance improvement initiatives that improve the quality of ambulatory care nursing practice, outpatient care services, and organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
16. Employs critical attributes of effective collaboration to create, promote, and maintain an environment that supports successful partnership and high performance team outcomes.
17. Demonstrates CHA Circle of Values and Service Standards.
18. Implements appropriate and approved best practices, including research findings, to guide practice decisions.
19. Oversees the practice of non-professional nursing staff.
20. Employs beneficial, cost-effective ways to maximize wellness, prevent illness, and manage acute and chronic disease and disabilities to affect the most positive health status over the patient s life span.
21. Directs the flow of patients and staff to assure patients are adequately managed, and the practice runs smoothly and effectively.
22. Administers medications according to hospital policy and procedure.
23. Other duties as required.
Education/Training: A graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Newly hired RNs are required to have a BSN within 1 year of hire. BSN Preferred.
Licensure: MA. RN Licensure required Certifications: Maintains current AHA BLS
Work Experience: A minimum of two (2) years current ambulatory nursing required. In addition, for family practice sites, pediatric and OB experience required.
Linguistic Capabilities: Knowledge of a second language preferred.