SHIFT: No Weekends
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed provisional Level I Trauma Center, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is an HCA facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Chippenham Hospital Awards and Distinctions
- Accredited by the Joint Commission with a Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
- Disease-Specific Certifications for Acute Myocardial Infarction & Hip and Knee Replacement.
- Certified Chest Pain Center
- Considered the region s first choice for orthopedics, joint care, behavioral health and cardiovascular care.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Pharmacy Family!
Essential Pharmacy Clinical Manager job functions and responsibilities:
Provides oversight of clinical programs to ensure optimal and efficient clinical processes.
- Cooperates with the pharmacy director to effectively review and assess operational and clinical process improvements to maximize clinical productivity.
- Participates in establishing pharmacy strategic goals and objectives and assists in their implementation
- Actively coordinates agendas and presentations for the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee. Develops effective monographs and comparative data with current literature and applicable information necessary to acquire change.
- Participates on various multidisciplinary teams/committees.
- Manages processes related to formulary management: Directs, coordinates, and participates in the design, collection, and reporting of drug utilization evaluations to support proper utilization of medications in the clinical setting. Investigates the literature on new drug entities and evaluates new medications and technologies regarding formulary decisions consistent with department, hospital and medical staff policies. Develops and coordinates implementation plans for the use of these products.
- Promotes safe, rational, cost-effective medication therapy consistent with all pertinent hospital policies and procedures. Develops policies and procedures as they relate to clinical services.
- Coordinates and facilitates Meditech database management to encourage safe and supportive drug information to healthcare professionals.
- Participates to meet or exceed JCAHO standards.
- Actively participates in the orientation, competency training and assessment and performance evaluation of pharmacy staff.
- Serves as the primary liaison for schools of pharmacy as it relates to pharmacy student clerkships. Serves as a primary preceptor of pharmacy students and/or residents and fulfills documentation requirements.
- Creates national visibility through membership in local, state, and/or national pharmacy societies.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited school of pharmacy at a college or university (required)
- Completion of three years of hospital pharmacy experience or an ASHP-approved pharmacy residency or fellowship program (required)
- Licensure by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy by examination or reciprocity within 30 days of employment (required)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities in order to lead a team of pharmacists and work with other healthcare professionals to review, develop, implement, and monitor drug use policies and practices (required)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as innovation, initiative and persistence (required)
- Knowledge in pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and pharmacotherapeutics (required)
- Demonstrated ability to assess patients drug therapy and provide consultations as requested by medical staff; demonstrated ability to effectively participate on interdisciplinary teams and committees (required)
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet software and pharmacy information systems (preferred)
- Full Time
- Salaried (exempt from overtime) Position
- 40(+) hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.