SHIFT: No Weekends
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ERs, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Healths top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is an HCA facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortunes 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Johnston-Wills Hospital Awards and Designations
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement
- Johnston-Willis Hospital performs more da Vinci robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia
- First Hospital in Virginia to be designated as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by the Surgical Review Corporation.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of our Pharmacy Family!
Essential Pharmacy Manager job functions and responsibilities:
- Supervision and training of technicians, employee feedback involvement, and oversight of technical work in all processes and areas of the department.
- Works with the management team and pharmacy buyer to ensure adequate stock levels of drugs are maintained, and ensuring all drug distribution records are properly stored.
- Performing duties as necessary to ensure the timely processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders in accordance with all current regulatory and practice standards.
- Delegation of assignments to maintain appropriate technician staffing levels, ensuring that all core services of the department are provided in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
- Responsible for preparing technician schedules in appropriate timeframes and ensuring shifts are covered with the appropriate staff and skill level to meet departmental and staffing model needs.
- Sets the expectation for team player qualities to include, but not limited to: extra shifts on supervisors request for scheduled overtime or sick call coverage, volunteers for projects, and suggests workflow or service improvement ideas.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited School of Pharmacy (required)
- Doctorate of Pharmacy Degree (preferred)
- Current and active Virginia Pharmacist license in good standing or ability to obtain (required)
- Minimum of 3-5 years hospital Pharmacist experience (required)
- Minimum of 1 year experience in managing task oriented staff (preferred)
- Full Time
- Salaried (exempt from overtime) Position
- 40(+) hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.