Company: Oak Street Health
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patients communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Phlebotomists are an integral part of Oak Street Healths Clinical teams. High levels of flexibility, attention to detail, initiative and problem solving are required to be successful in this role. You will be expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health patients and team members. Phlebotomists work closely and collaboratively with their teammates and will be expected to assist in assessing patients health conditions, including performing routine diagnostic testing during appointments.
- Perform routine laboratory and diagnostic testing during appointments at our centers
- Greet and escort patients to and from the laboratory
- Collect blood and other biological specimen
- Ensure laboratory orders are properly entered into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Greenway and properly linked to lab provider sites (Quest, MACL, Labcorp)
- Assist patients with signing Advanced Beneficiary Notices
- Properly confirm orders, label, process, and store specimens for pick-up service by our laboratory partners
- Adhere to all compliance and regulatory requirements including being a champion of HIPAA compliance and CLIA waived site best practices
- Train and assist team members for covering the lab in the event of PTO or absence
- Document patient conditions and visits as appropriate in our EMR
- Follow all safety, quality, and cleanliness protocols and champion new protocols
- Coordinate with our laboratory partner to order lab supplies and manage inventory
- Other duties as assigned by Practice Manager including but not limited to; rooming patients, collecting medical records, assisting patients with scheduling referrals and diagnostic orders
Phlebotomists report to the RN Supervisor
What were looking for
Were looking for motivated, experienced phlebotomist with:
- Certification of Phlebotomy Technician
- (preferred certifications/ programs: American Certification Agency (ACA) CPT, American Medical Technologists (AMT) RPT, American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) PBT, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) PC, National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) NCPT, National Healthcareer Association (NHA) CPT, National Phlebotomy Association (NPA) CPT).
- CPR Certification required
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills, accountability, and a flexible, positive attitude
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Familiarity with Quest Diagnostics procedures and computer-based lab system preferred
- 2 or more years of experience performing blood draws on geriatric patients
- EMR experience
- High level of technological savvy and proficiency in Google suite products
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being Oaky
What does being Oaky look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.