PHLEBOTOMIST - CERTIFIED/NON-CERTIFIED (Laboratory - FT 40 hours)
Iredell Memorial Hospital Incorporated – Statesville, NC
Proficiently performs phlebotomies and special collection procedures on patients of all ages (neonate to geriatric) and employees. Professional application of theories and techniques of phlebotomy are used to provide a quality specimen to be used to produce reliable test results. Performs registration and clerical functions for the department.
Schedule: 5am-1:30pm, Monday - Friday. Will work every 4th weekend and on call.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have successfully completed a phlebotomy training course through a community college, hospital based training program, or have significant relevant experience working as a phlebotomist in a health care setting to have gained theoretical and practical knowledge necessary to perform these duties in this hospital setting.
- 1-2 years experience in a laboratory, hospital, or doctors office with some phlebotomy experience preferred.
- If certified, must have a current certification from a national accrediting agency such as ASCP, ASPT, or National Phlebotomy Association upon hire.
- Must possess full range of body motion to pass basic FIT test for position to include walking, kneeling, standing, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, reaching and sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 pounds.