What You Will Do:
Who We Are:
University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center is a member of the University of Maryland Medical System, a multi-hospital system with academic, community, and specialty service missions reaching every part of the state and beyond.
UM SJMC in Towson, Maryland is seeking a Flex Phlebotomist, e/o Weekend (Dayshift)
- The Phlebotomist draws blood from patients, or donors for analysis, or other medical purposes.
- Accurately enters and scans results and other pertinent patient information into the system.
- Adequately performs venipunctures, and / or skin punctures.
- Uses appropriate aseptic technique to draw blood cultures.
- Properly identifies inpatients and outpatients using the hospital identification procedure.
- Is responsible for daily QC and maintenance of POC glucose meters.
- Performs specimen processing duties using centrifuges according to manufacturer s directions.
- Phlebotomists must be proficient in completing short form registration.
- Phlebotomists may be trained to perform arterial blood gas draws .
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Experience and Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy Cert
- BLS CPR (AHA or similar)
- Required Skills: Strong Verbal Communications Skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Excellent Organizational Skills, Strong Customer Services Skills
- Experienced preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.